Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What Alpha Flight goodies do you have?

I'd say you got a good deal there! I just got my Marvel Legends Sasquatch white varriant action figure in the mail today (Mint in box). I somehow won it on E-bay for $4.25 USD!

Ben

That's a pretty good snag, too. I happened to be with my son in a Kay-Bee Toy Store when they were unloading a new box of Marvel Legends. I got the whole set of variants and the orange/brown Sasquatch to boot. Of course I paid $9.99 for each figure.

Now I have to find a frame that is fitting of my newest acquisition.

Snowbird arrived yesterday! What a beautiful sculpt! I would have said bust there, but I figured I'd catch a little flack about fanboy fantasizing. Anyway, she looks great next to my Sasquatch. Now for the Vindicators and maybe another color guide or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Another Grab!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

1st Vindicator appearance! Sweet color guide! I have no idea if I overpaid, but I'm happy to have the piece.
    I was actually watching that auction on there. Congrats!

I had sent a Best Offer, but got no response. So I figured I'd bite the bullet and used the Buy It Now option. I sent Best Offers on the other two color guides yesterday. I have a feeling those will not be responded to either. I may Do Buy It Now on one of those, but I doubt I'll do both. And if anyone should beat me to it then so be it, cause I already got one! I've been eyeballing some of Clayton's stuff also. May have to pony up for a piece of his soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Now I have to find a frame that is fitting of my newest acquisition.
    I picked up some frames from Larry Peterson, from The Paper Framer. He specializes in frames specifically for comics and comic art. You can switch out the items easily. So if you want to display one piece for a few months, then rotate in the other pieces, you only need 1 frame. He's a real nice guy, too, very quick delivery. I recommend using him for comic art. If you use a colored frame, ask him for a sample first to make sure you are getting the right color.

His site is www.thepaperframer.com

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Well I scored a full run of volume 2 plus the '98 annual for $28 shipped. I'm only missing a few issues of volume 3, but they're not exactly a rush-out-and-purchase item these days.

I finally received my loose set of Toy Biz figures too. I have to say they're a pretty mixed bag. I think Snowbird and Sasquatch are really nicely done. Useful articulation, good sculpting and fun toys. Vindicator, Northstar and Aurora all LOOK good, but are sculpted in really strange poses. I can't even get Northstar or Aurora to look natural standing around. The Toyfare Guardian figure is easily the best of the bunch. I think the team really needs a Shaman to look complete though.

The team looks pretty good on my display shelf, but I'm thinking about sacrificing my Puck to the knife. I think I might be able to frankenstein him so proper joints and be in scale with my planned 4" customs. Next up there will either be Guardian or Shaman. I have to cast around through my parts box.

Speaking of customs, I had my Nemesis completely painted and ready for reassembly. The legs and hips had been sprayed with the topcoat, so I thought to do the same to the upper body and head yesterday. But...I can't FIND them. I think I *gulp* threw them away by accident! I have no idea how I could have been so stupid, but I looked all over the place and can't find them. So I have to go to the TRU and buy another figure to redo the whole upper body. It's not the expense that annoys me, but all the work I'd done. She's not a difficult paintjob, but I don't like doing things twice.

The Puck one's almost as bad as the AOA Wildchild toy....

I don't believe I've posted in this thread yet...I don't have much besides the entire collections of Vol. 1-3(plus annuals and almost all of their guest appearances), I've got the Toyfare Guardian(Mac) figure, the official Alpha Flight figures(Vindicator, Sasquatch, Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird and Puck) and I bought the Marvel Legends Sasquatch(both versions)..Oh...And I made Alpha it's own little Handbook with the Master Edition profile pages....That's about it(excluding the custom AF figures, I made).

Dana

I'd like to see some pics of your customs!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    I'd like to see some pics of your customs!
    Here are some pics of them....

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...810&highlight=

Dana

Very nice. I think Marrina and Nemesis are the best of the bunch.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    I'm only missing a few issues of volume 3, but they're not exactly a rush-out-and-purchase item these days.
    I can't even get Northstar or Aurora to look natural standing around.
    Well, v3 is available in two relatively cheap trades. May as well pick them up instead.

My Twinz are holding hands; have you tried that? Looks about as natural as any figure on my shelf.

Of course, my White and Orange Legends Sas are doing their best (well, my best) imitation of the front cover to #23.

- Le Messor
    Stu: Because there's not way a girl could have killed them.
    Tatum: That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female-Basic Instinct.
    Randy: That was an ice pick-not exactly the same thing.

I got my Vindicator II (Heather) mini-bust last night! Looks great with my Sas and Snowbird flanking her. Still waiting on the Bowen Snowbird to arrive. Then it's just Mac and the Bowen Sasquatches. Can't wait til they make Puck, Shaman, Marrina, Talisman, Box, Northstar and Aurora, Diamond Lil and Wildchild.