Oh, I'm supposed to answer that...

My non-paying activities include studying the painting techniques of the Old Masters. Flemish primitives in particular. And my endless struggle at writing my own comic book. Someday to see the light of day. Either self published or pirated for work for hire.

Paying activities include portrait commissions in the afore mentioned Flemish style. -And torturing art students. Teaching them, actually. But they like to pretend they're being tortured. I don't want them to end up as I did: carting around a college degree worth less than the paper it was printed on.

Perhaps as good an example of missing the human element in storytelling has to be Image Comics. When they launched, those guys had the world in their hands. They had talent, opportunity, and the full acceptance of the comics audience. They did deliver flashy art, seriously bad looking villians and take no prisoner's looking heroes. Alas, the sparkle and glitter aren't the 'thing.' Nor is spikey hair, shiny lights, computer coloring, or heroes that say !$#^%!$ a lot. Imagination. Energy. Humanity. You can't go wrong with that mix.

Are my fifteen minutes up? I think I'm pushing it...