As to Star Trek, STNG is the series out of all of them that I regulary watch. Episodes that I enjoy most are 'Skin of Evil', 'Measure of a Man', 'Drumhead', 'Yesterday's Enterprise'. I can't say there where any bad episodes, but the one's mentioned stand out for me.

I wasn't a fan of DS9, because to my mind the same type story is told in Babylon 5 and B5 is by far the better series to my mind. Voyager is watchable, but if you can't empaphyse with the central characters then half the battles lost. I managed to get through season one of Enterprise before my eyes gave up and I started to read books again.

I have deliberately left STOS to last, I feel like a traitor and some kinda low life for not liking it. "You can't enjoy Star Trek, without enjoying the classic", hmm, yes I can. Why couldn't Kirk have been disfigured and Pike go and boldly go?

Reading through all that, one thing occurs to me, I don't care what the story is or whether there is any action or whatever, just as long as it's told well. I enjoyed Ellis's year run on 'The Authority', not really character driven, biff bang boom in your face action, but told well. While his 'Transmet' is prolly more character driven. To be able to figure a five year story with beginning, middle and end, that's good story telling imho. Fabian Nickezia (sp) did an excellent run on 'New Warriors', his first 25 issues stand up pretty well alongside Byrnes AF run. All well written stories that drew me in. Oh and I nearly forgot, the first eight issues of 'ClanDestine', their return prolly next best news after 'Omega Flight' . I don't think how a story is told should be the main focus of anydiscussion, what happened in the story and how the characters react should be the talking point.

Oh and for any one wondering... 2nd Flight