Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
"Santa is Canadian." Really? I'm sure Santa was there before we were.
So were the Inuit, and yet they still are Canadian.
But those Santa or the Inuit feel canadians? We should ask Santa

6. Poutine: Possibly the world's, nay, DEFINATELY the world's greatest food.

greatest and poutine do not go together unless there is the word "disgusting" use with it. like we say in french : "une bonne poutine dégueulasse !" It looks awful, it got zero nutriment, absolutly superbe for a high cholesterol, nothing good except it taste great most of all at 3:00 Am after a night dancing. Maybe that will kept you up a little bit longer since it's vey hard to digest, but you know, it's a tradition, you got to keep that up. :P to see a real poutine. I like it better with sausages. My boyfriend likes better the italian poutine.

13. Do you guys call them corner stores? (Convienence stores)
DĂ©panneur for me

16. More Quebecers love pepsi than coke. This is true.
yes, it is

The U.S. Smarties are different? How?
Yes, what is different?

Crispy Crunch is the best selling chocolate bar here, my favorite too though I don't eat chocolate bars anymore (OK, maybe two a year).
Since my friend worked in a chocolaterie, I'm a fan of regional chocolate production. The small local chocolate shop, I'm addict to it. You can't never go back to aero or coffee crips at best Lindt, but the local shop is the best.

11. Couch, or chesterfield (I really don't think anyone uses this anymore though...) is usually used in place of Sofa.
if you say chesterfield I would not know what you are talking about. I thought it was a gun at some point. couch or sofa, I will understand. I call them divan.

[quote]Stateside, the PC name for the people who were here first is "Native American." In Canada, the label "First Nation" is apparently the PC choice.[quote]

autochtones or amérindiens are the good terms in french.