You know you've all seen them. Those little things that happen when someone tries to write about your country and just makes that tiny error that stares out at you every time you read it!!

So I thought we could start a list of possible common mistakes or cultural oversights about Canada. (And maybe just some fun facts as well. )

I'll go first.

1. Nobody says "Soda" we say "pop." At least in the Maritimes.
2. Legal drinking age is 19 in most places, 18 in Quebec and Alberta(?). Quebec has alchohol everywhere. In their grocery stores, in their corner stores, everywhere. (LOL!)
3. Quebec french is extremely different than classical french and Acandien french is also a different thing.
4. We have alot of coins. We have no dollar or 2 dollar bills, we have a loonie and a toonie. (Slang names obviously.)
5. Its really not all that cold all the time.
6. Not all Newfoundlanders speak hardcore Newfieish, though there are some. So if the characters ever go to St. Johns, they shouldn't have any trouble understanding most people.
7. Canadians generally go to the other extreme from what is seen in America. We don't exactly hold politicians in high regard. Actually, politicians currently hold the position of "Least respected job in the country."

Fun facts:

1. Cape Breton might be getting its own space center.
2. Santa is Canadian.
3. For some reason Alexander Graham Bell is on our list as one of the greatest Canadians, despite the fact that he really only had his summer home here. Basically, if we think you're cool and you've ever visited Canada we will claim you!!

I know that there are others, but I can't come up with them.