Thread: A Thing Of Beauty

Default A Thing Of Beauty

John Byrne has produced another high quality commision presently being shown at his forum. Go here

Just a few things for people not in the know.
    1 : Please don't transfer the image over here (it's copyrighted to Mr Byrne and any reproduction needs his okay)
    2 : If your thinking about colouring it, then do it for your own pleasure and as much as we would like to see the results, number 1 applies to this process.
    3. This thread is to talk about the piece of art, not a place to knock the gent. Nothing inflamatory please (thats adressed to myself as well )

Enjoy
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

NOICE!

A representation of our first introductions of Alpha Flight...epic.

Eh. I like most of it... but Wolverine... Man, I'm just not too thrilled with him.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Wolverine appears to have some movement issues, but other than that fantastic.

The figures are good, although there's something odd about Wolverine. I'd have to say the perspective on his upper chest, but I'm not quite sure. However, I really don't like that background, it's just too busy and takes away from the movement of the characters. Something more understated would have been more suitable I think.

Guardian and Colossus. Very nice.

Looks damn good to me. I wouldn't mind owning it.

Cool! Reminds me of the X-Men/Alpha meeting in Calgary waaaaay back when. Those were the days! *sigh*

At the moment John Byrne is doing revamps of classic covers and moments in comics. Thats a revamp of the UXM #109 meeting. I was actually thinking the other day whether or not I'd splash out on a Byrne commision if I had the money to do so, I came to the conclusion probably not. Byrnes AF is the definitive AF to my mind, but I don't think I could part with that kind of money for just one item.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!