Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Default Torchwood

Spinning out of Doctor Who and the events at the end of series two, the BBC treats us to 'Torchwood'. The organisation is run by Captain Jack from the series one finale and the first two episodes aired tonight on BBC 3. First impressions, take out Captain Jack, shove the Doctor in his place and you have Doctor Who. Granted 'Torchwood' is very definately aimed at the more mature audience, hence the after the 'watershed' showing. Good mix of humour and effects. All in all, if you liked the new Doctor series then you are probably gonna enjoy this. Definately gonna stay the distance on this and it should take us up nicely to the Doctor Who Christmas special.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Was it as camp as the latest two series' of Who?

Well yea, of course it was camp, but mature with it, episode two had ladies kissing each other in a very suggestive way. Gushing blood also put in an appearence at one point in Episode One. Arterial spray is so visual
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hmm... still unsure.
    I may watch the first episode on Weds...

I have this taped on video and intend to watch it tonight. Captain Jack=Camp!!

Is the female lead the same woman who played the maid in the Charles Dickens episode in season 1? She looks familiar.

Yup, Eve Myles played the maid Gwyneth in the Dickens episode and plays Gwen Cooper in 'Torchwood'
    Del

Thanks for that!! It was so obviously her when I watched.

Very good. I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes!!

That 'spray' with the Lynx effect in the 1st episode was hilarious!!

I hope someone puts the episodes up on Youtube, even the BBC website won't show any video of the show "for rights reasons", because I live outside of the UK.

Torchwood on You Tube.
    Del

I may be slow, but I just realized that Torchwood is an anagram for Doctor Who.

Thanks Del, I looked at Youtube before but only found the trailers.

Not sure if you've seen Doctor Who series 2 yet, but how Torchwood came about makes for interesting viewing.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Not sure if you've seen Doctor Who series 2 yet, but how Torchwood came about makes for interesting viewing.
    Just getting season 2 here now. It was a cool idea how Torchwood came about, the reason why and its connection to the Doctor. How do you feel being ruled by werewolves?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Just getting season 2 here now. It was a cool idea how Torchwood came about, the reason why and its connection to the Doctor. How do you feel being ruled by werewolves?
    Couldn't be any worse than the bunch of morons in charge at the moment.

Episode 3 aired last night, best so far IMHO.
    Del

I'm BBC3less I'm afraid, but will catch up on BBC2 tommorrow night. In the interim, the new series of LOST kicks off on Irish TV tonight. Not that I'm a couch potato or anything!!

I would proffer that this series is getting better. I won't spoil it for those hanging on for the series elsewhere, but there's a big reveal in Episode 5 and it totally throwa all my theories out the window
    Del