Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this goodie...

Default Check out this goodie...

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...Fridays30.html

Go half way down, you won't be disappointed...

MM

Pretty... colors...
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Stunning, love Mr.Kolins new style.

Wow!! That is some nice art!!! Props to Kollins and also whoever did the colouring for that!! Now that we have the coloured version the page has just come to life!!

Wowsers! (yes, I learned English from Inspector Gadget. What? You wanna fight about it? )

With the talent of Oeming and Kolins, I assumed Marvel would cheap out on the colouring... but I was mistaken. Damn that's nice. A Flight comic has never looked this good. I didn't think I could be more psyched then I already was... but I was mistaken again.

Any new hints on the major shake-up in issue 2? Part of me is hoping the X-Men editor decided not to continue with whatever plans he had with the twins and they suddenly became available... But that would be wishful thinking.

Those are very familiar apartments. (Quick scan thru the AF collection...)

Take a look at AF#12. That's Walter's apartment building. :P

I always figured it was walter from the get-go, due to the glasses on the table and he is obviously distraught about something.

Yup, great looking art. Thanks to Scratchy for asking the Question!

Time for bed.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Indeed, this just backs up what Mike said in our interview, constant Homage to classic AF.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    Those are very familiar apartments. (Quick scan thru the AF collection...)

Take a look at AF#12. That's Walter's apartment building. :P
    I'm glad you checked. I wanted to but my flight stuff is packed away.

This gives me even more confidence that this book will be quality. The previous flight writer botched recapping part of a character's origin. The current team is getting someone's APARTMENT right! That's an attention to detail that I appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I always figured it was walter from the get-go, due to the glasses on the table and he is obviously distraught about something.
    Thankfully, it's not about being dead.

Anyone notice that Walt is also drinking Seagrams Gin, which is a classic central Canadian distillery.

Ben

Yah, I noticed his Canadian drink, though I would've been happier with Canada Dry

I showed my wife the pic and she thought it was awesome, the Wrecking Crew look human and tough and just great!

Looks great! Seems this Omega Flight will be more AF than the last two, eh?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Well, Oeming keeps dropping lines about how much he loves the mythological aspects...

And even the Wrecking Crew fit the mystical theme, if you look at where their powers came from.

So I'm seeing less government conspiracy, less making 'em into jokes, more "Whomp a supernatural entity."

Which is good, for me.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."