Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AlphaFlight.net Ineterview with Omega editor Andy Schmidt

Default AlphaFlight.net Ineterview with Omega editor Andy Schmidt

Hello folks.

Today I spoke with Andy Schmidt, Omega Flight editor. We discussed the recent news about Omega being reduced to a 5 issue Mini. He makes lots of great points, and is fully behind us supporting the title in the direction Fight For The Flight is going.

Andy also shared lots of images with me, including the probable logo design, larger versions of the character designs we have already seen, NEW character designs, and a huge version of the cover for OF#1

http://www.alphaflight.net/interview...interview1.php

Ben

Thanks Ben. Nice to know all people involved with OF want it to succeed for the right reasons!

Nice to see the art, too! Thanks guys!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Well well. Seems my cautious optimism was appropriate.

Daring designs on Talisman. I would think gold boots would be better, but that's nit-picking. What's with the red shadow over the left-eye?

I love the parka!

Good interview Ben, straight to the point and art as well. I'm cautiously optimistic that if it doesn't go full series after the limited, we will at some point see OF feature prominently somewhere. I would detest more occupants in Limbo
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    Well well. Seems my cautious optimism was appropriate.

Daring designs on Talisman. I would think gold boots would be better, but that's nit-picking. What's with the red shadow over the left-eye?

I love the parka!
    Notice how the Parka echos Shaman's original costume in colour and pattern? A very clever little touch.

Nice interview.

I donno, I think I prefer my logo... Unbiasedly of course

Did anyone else notice that Walter's apartment (presuming it's Walt) is the same Apt from the early days of Byrne's run (at least in appearance)?

Yes it's the exact same apartment from AF Vol.12. I posted the scan in another thread.
    ====
    Nice Omega symbol not what I was expecting, but nice. That facial paint over Talisman's eye? Looks the the Shaper and the gem in the Talisman GREW. HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I donno, I think I prefer my logo... Unbiasedly of course
    Well, I'm not biased and prefer yours too.

So who's the leader of this group? Talisman? Major Mapleleaf? Manikin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Well, I'm not biased and prefer yours too.
    Woohoo, thank ya sir!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    So who's the leader of this group? ... Manikin?
    Please no! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Please no! :P
    Probally the character I hated the most from volume 1

HAHAHAHAHAAAA Elizabeth Twoyoungmen is copying Guido's style!!

(See her sunglasses)

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Probally the character I hated the most from volume 1
    Ditto. From his real name to his code name to his personality to his power. Lame, lame, lame. Him and his "others" always bite it in the end (or beginning) in my fan fics.

Back on topic here, I'm not sure if Andy was calmly putting out a fire, getting our hope up or not getting our hopes up. My opinion changed during each answer lol. Pretty much everything we already assumed. Come August if Omega outsells Heroes for Hire or that (New)New Warriors and they stay ongoing while Omega doesn't, by-gawd, I won't be happy.