Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
Quote Originally Posted by Loki
Haven't researched that, but it depends who stated it and where. Plus, as you outline below, specific circumstances can provide cases where such definitive statements prove not to be entirely accurate.
Well basically every single apperances, from Wolverine, Marvel Preview, Blaze, etc. stated the host can't be killed. Even when Werewolf of the Night went to confront Wendigo as once a year or some jazz like that he becomes human again. Both he and werewolf of the night said he was immortal. Also wooden spikes impaling Sasquatch from the Sabertooth mini?
On the Wendigo, I'm fairly sure he can be killed (it takes a lot to bring him down, but he's been beaten often enough). The problem is that slaying him simply stops him until someone else commits cannibalism, and then he's back.

Not knowing the exact circumstances (I'd have to dig out both the issues and the relevant Handbook to compare), I can't say for sure, but space restrictions do impact on how much we can explain certain things a lot of the time.
Contradicted to what was said in the actual comic and left out important information that was key. I didn't think much of it as I just assumed space was a key factor.
If it contradicts what happened in the comic, then unless there's a specific reason for doing so (e.g. the entry is trying to clear up conflicting accounts of an event), it is likely to be errata. Remind me of the specific thing you think is contradictory, and I'll check the issues vs. the Handbook account.

Presumably there is a reason (in story I mean; we already know the real world reason), just one we aren't privy to. I could try to "no-prize" it, as I did with the alcohol suggestion or kozzi24 did with the brainwashing suggestion, though neither is a perfect fit, but the truth is that we don't yet know why.
Alcohol or brain washing won't completly disrupt or alter a person who was molecular compacted. Plus with his metahuman durability he was immune to toxins and poisons so the "problems" with alcohol but all accounts should not have done anything.
Point taken - as I said, neither suggestion was perfect. Regardless of why, something happened to reduce his power levels between series (possibly even before the end of Volume 1).