Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

I'm going to have to pick this up now. I can't imagine the task you had trying to tie this whole mess of a team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    No problem. Though I should point out that when I said the entry included a "few pieces of info even the most knowledgeable Alpha Flight fan won't already know." I wasn't referring to the clarification about the temporal copies.
    Dun dun dunnn...I wonder what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    No problem. Though I should point out that when I said the entry included a "few pieces of info even the most knowledgeable Alpha Flight fan won't already know." I wasn't referring to the clarification about the temporal copies.
    Dun dun dunnn...I wonder what it is?
    Just a guess...got anything to do with Skrulls and the Skrull invasion? Remember, Marvel did say that a Skrull had invaded every super-team on the planet...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I will personally drive to NYC to kick someone's ass if they try making Langkowski a skrull.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I will personally drive to NYC to kick someone's ass if they try making Langkowski a skrull.
    Shotgun!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Uh-uh, no Skrull revelations in the entry either. Nothing quite so exciting.

Well since no one has brought it up, I will. Scott has actually provided names for some of the obscure characters which were never fully revealed

Ghost Girl- Lili Stephens
    Stitch- Jodi Furman
    Flinch- Toby Wood
    Ouija- Bill Astin
    Gobyln- Gobyln Dean

Pretty interesting

Well...We already knew what Goblyn's last name was.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yeah I know, but it just wasn't official.

Actually, her last name was official. She is the biological child of the Deans, thus her last name was official. It's her first name that's always been in question. ANd now, it's apparent that they (TPTB) have decided that, since she's only gone by one name ("Goblyn") her whole life, that that should remain her real name.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Actually, her last name was official. She is the biological child of the Deans, thus her last name was official. It's her first name that's always been in question. ANd now, it's apparent that they (TPTB) have decided that, since she's only gone by one name ("Goblyn") her whole life, that that should remain her real name.
    Her parents didn't know she was alive, so they never named her. Her sister called her Goblyn, effectively making that her given name. Since she has no other name, it's not a huge stretch to presume she got entered under the name Goblyn Dean in Alpha's official files as well.

Her parents didn't know she was alive, so they never named her. Her sister called her Goblyn, effectively making that her given name. Since she has no other name, it's not a huge stretch to presume she got entered under the name Goblyn Dean in Alpha's official files as well.
    So she's no longer the freaky-looking Cher of the Marvel U?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    LOL! Hey...Maybe they can nickname her Lyn (Laura and Lyn Dean)?
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

That's not bad! I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    LOL! Hey...Maybe they can nickname her Lyn (Laura and Lyn Dean)?
    I think that'd be really cool. If anyone actually gets round to using the Dean twins again. It'd be nice to see the rest of the gang. Unfortunately, for the comment about needing to use Americans on Omega Flight because of the lack of native Canadian heroes to make sense, we'd have to presume most of the mutant members of Beta and Gamma Flights got depowered during M-Day. Hopefully whichever character said Canada didn't have enough home grown heroes was in error, and Goblyn and co. are all just on holiday somewhere. I reckon there should be enough native heroes to form a 13 province/territory initiative (Alpha through Mu Flight?), maybe with Omega remaining around as the rapid response reinforcements for major threats. But that's a whole other thread...