Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

Volume 6 is out, and we have a Madison Jeffries entry and the Llan entry from the Mystic Arcana handbook.

So far Alpha Flight appears in all 6 volumes!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Volume 6 is out, and we have a Madison Jeffries entry and the Llan entry from the Mystic Arcana handbook.

Love,
    rplass
    Alpha will make it into all the volumes, because there's pretty much at least one pre-existing Alpha related entry needing the hardcover update treatment for each letter of the Alphabet (bar Q, X and Z, none of which will fill an entire 240 page volume). M - Master of the World and Marrina. N - Northstar. O - Omega Flight. P - Puck (both of them). R - Radius. S - Snowbird, Shaman, Sasquatch. T - Talisman. U - USAgent (yeah, I know that's a stretch), V - Vindicator, W - Windshear, Y - Yukon Jack.

Love,
    rplass
    You forgot to add "Awful Flight" (Trinket, Aroma, Hockeypuck, Snow-Youse & Summersquash) from the Larval Earth (Spider-Ham) too.

Oooh, Northstar made it to the cover of volume 8! Awesome:

link to image at Marvel.com

I keep the dust jackets in a separate box while I read the hardcovers, and so they get their own bag and board. I really try to keep these covers intact!

Love,
    rplass

Just got Vol. 7 yesterday and it had Major Mapleleaf (Sadler Jr.), Master of the World & Mauvais, but for some strange reason Marrina wasn't in it?

Hopefully Loki can let us know what happened.

I wasn't expecting an entry for Marrina. She hasn't been covered in recent handbooks, and it wasn't likely for her to get a new entry...

She really should have had an entry in a previous incarnation in this series, IMHO, but considering she's been AWOL for so long, with no change, I can sort of understand this omission.

In the Plodex entry, expect to see Marrina and Mar at least in the illustrations, as they were shown in issue #8 of the A-Z series.

I can't explain why Loki listed her for this issue, except maybe he was looking at an alphabetical list somewhere and forgot that Marrina hasn't had an entry recently to be included in the HC book.

Love,
    rplass

Where the Major Mapleleaf (Sadler Jr.), Master of the World & Mauvais entries any different then the previous ones?

I can't explain why Loki listed her for this issue, except maybe he was looking at an alphabetical list somewhere and forgot that Marrina hasn't had an entry recently to be included in the HC book.

Love,
    rplass
    On Marrina, that's exactly what happened. Apologies, I had it in my head that we'd covered her back in the 2004 books, in either the Book of the Dead or Women of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Where the Major Mapleleaf (Sadler Jr.), Master of the World & Mauvais entries any different then the previous ones?
    All have varying degrees of updates / modifications. Major M was fairly slight tweaking, some text alterations and additional images. Mauvais ditto. Master of the World had some heavier text amendments. Since none of them have reappeared since their last Handbook entries, there wasn't much new to add, so it was more improving on the prior coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    On Marrina, that's exactly what happened. Apologies, I had it in my head that we'd covered her back in the 2004 books, in either the Book of the Dead or Women of Marvel.
    WTF? Book of the Dead? Now why would she be covered in such a book... I thought it was established that she was sleeping a false death beneath the waves. Tie that with the image from Avengers v3 #47 of her floating in the tank... is she dead or what?

Proof that she's alive. Bubbles!

Love,
    rplass

WTF? Book of the Dead? Now why would she be covered in such a book... I thought it was established that she was sleeping a false death beneath the waves. Tie that with the image from Avengers v3 #47 of her floating in the tank... is she dead or what?

Proof that she's alive. Bubbles!

Love,
    rplass
    I know she is alive - but then so are half the members of each and every past Book of the Dead. If you check the Master of the World's revised text (revisions I made), you'll see it mentions that she is alive a couple of times.

All have varying degrees of updates / modifications. Major M was fairly slight tweaking, some text alterations and additional images. Mauvais ditto. Master of the World had some heavier text amendments. Since none of them have reappeared since their last Handbook entries, there wasn't much new to add, so it was more improving on the prior coverage.
    Cool, thanks.

Btw, I notice no one seems to have yet updated Bedlam the Brain-Blast's entry on Alphanex. Or did nobody notice his real name was given back in the first hardcover?

Btw, I notice no one seems to have yet updated Bedlam the Brain-Blast's entry on Alphanex. Or did nobody notice his real name was given back in the first hardcover?

The place is falling apart, i tell you! It's bedlam, sheer bedlam!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

It's usually me who does it, but I've been lazy as of late.