Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

To avoid confusion I just hope they just make it the real Snowbird.

"Oh Great and Wonderous Lobdell,
    From your throne on high,
    Please be so kind as to explain why you made Alpha FUBAR,
    We Thank you for the silly characters and super powered horse,
    But the rest is just bollacks"

Thanking you in advance
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Ditto.
    I ditto your ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and ask why. If a writer wants to use her now, he/she is going to have that history to contend with before freeing the character up for use. The fact that she married him made absolutely no sense to me. Why did she marry him - because they have the same eyes? Give me a break, Lobdell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and ask why. If a writer wants to use her now, he/she is going to have that history to contend with before freeing the character up for use. The fact that she married him made absolutely no sense to me. Why did she marry him - because they have the same eyes? Give me a break, Lobdell.
    I'm with Ahab on this one. I don't want it to have been the real snowbird. With all she has been through, seen and done, she wouldn't have married Yukon Jack IMO. I'm all for the one who married YJ to have vanished in a puff of temporal smoke. Hey, maybe fixing this should be a job for the exiles.

Ben

Hey I don't approve of the wedding either, but it happened and is canon. Waht would you want for possible future readers, a less confusing story or more so?

I would want a less confusing story, which is the point that I was trying to make (albeit perhaps poorly). If Snowbird was the real deal, then any new writer has to deal with Yukon Jack in some way to free her up for use. If she was the temporal copy, the writer wouldn't even have to recognize the situation.

I would want a less confusing story, which is the point that I was trying to make (albeit perhaps poorly). If Snowbird was the real deal, then any new writer has to deal with Yukon Jack in some way to free her up for use. If she was the temporal copy, the writer wouldn't even have to recognize the situation.
    Freeing her up is quite easy to do, any good or self-respecting writer would have no problems with that issue. If it was the temporal copy, then the writer has to explain the confusing origins and make it seem plausible and not campy to new readers

Yah, all that would be needed to extricate 'Birdy from her situation is the text: "Jack! I must go now! The ancient gods have a task for me!!" And that mess would be done with.

[quote="King Mungi
    If it was the temporal copy, then the writer has to explain the confusing origins and make it seem plausible and not campy to new readers[/quote]

Or he could just ignore the whole fact that it happened since it wouldn't really have any impact on the real deal. The only people that would probably even notice that he did would be die-hard AF fans that refuse to believe that she was a temporal copy.

Or he could just ignore the whole fact that it happened since it wouldn't really have any impact on the real deal. The only people that would probably even notice that he did would be die-hard AF fans that refuse to believe that she was a temporal copy.
    If they flat out ignored it, I wouldn't miss it at all. As I wouldn't miss much of what happened in vol.3. I didn't mind Jack, but meh!

Oh suprized no one talked about this earlier, but the Puck entry was AWESOME. Very detailed and covered more things I thought it would. I believe you had a part in it Loki?

Just a few corrections: Puck admited he named himself after a hockey Puck, it was Puck II who named herself after the Shakespeare character. Would make sense if it was Eugene since he often reads it, but vol.3 stated it.

How can he have superhuman speed listed above and then on the stats say normal?

Also just enhanced durability? Puck has shown to be bulletproof, as well as walk through fire unharmed and fall heights larger than the CN tower and be fine. He was said to be invulnerable and nearly indestructable.

Also just enhanced durability? Puck has shown to be bulletproof, as well as walk through fire unharmed and fall heights larger than the CN tower and be fine. He was said to be invulnerable and nearly indestructable.
    He's also been injured before in ways that suggest that he isn't indestructible though, so I guess it depends on what they decided to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    He's also been injured before in ways that suggest that he isn't indestructible though, so I guess it depends on what they decided to focus on.
    That's what you call PIS (plot induced stupidity) or CIS (character induced stupidity) or as Loki said months ago writers just forgot.