Thread: Sub-Mariner #1 June

Default Sub-Mariner #1 June

Hey I was checking the checklist for the initiative and noticed that there is a Sub-mariner #1 comming out in june, is this a new ongoing series or rather a mini about Namor? Anyone have any information?

I figured... I'll still buy it though.. I really like Byrne's work on Namor

Is this a Byrne book?? I'll buy it defo!

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee
    Is this a Byrne book?? I'll buy it defo!
    Byrne has sworn off Marvel

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Byrne has sworn off Marvel
    Again.

Until Joe Quesada is hung drawn and quaretered he will never go near M***** again. You can't even say Marvel on his forum.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Until Joe Quesada is hung drawn and quaretered he will never go near M***** again. You can't even say Marvel on his forum.
    I know this is probably a loaded question, but what exactly was the conflict between him and Marvel again?

I believe it was to do with the cancellation of 'X-Men : The Hidden Years'. It was selling better than other books, but they continued while it got canned. That's my understanding of the situation.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm just saying, tha's all.
    [left:414dac8b83]http://www.oneroundball.com/wp-content/World_cup_trophy.jpg[/left:414dac8b83]
    [right:414dac8b83]http://www.posterwire.com/wp-content/images/thumb-war_of_the_worlds_b.jpg[/right:414dac8b83]

I believe it was to do with the cancellation of 'X-Men : The Hidden Years'. It was selling better than other books, but they continued while it got canned. That's my understanding of the situation.
    Yeah it was probably selling better than many other titles, but at $0.99 it probably wasn't as profitable.

Still, I'd support the drawing and quartering if it would get Byrne back. He wrote some amazing stories with Marvel characters.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I'm just saying, tha's all.
    [left:e901ee5498]http://www.oneroundball.com/wp-content/World_cup_trophy.jpg[/left:e901ee5498]
    [right:e901ee5498]http://www.posterwire.com/wp-content/images/thumb-war_of_the_worlds_b.jpg[/right:e901ee5498]
    This could make for a fun new thread. I love the two comparisons thus far. Especially the irreverant Pope/Dart Sidius comparison. And yes I am Catholic, but it's still a funny comparison.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"