Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
So, here is the deal...I think that we should all quit our collective *****ing and give the man the benefit of the doubt and wait until the damn book actually comes out...
I'm surprised no one saw this. It made me giggle.

Anyway I'm not as disapointed as I thought I'd be about this "worst case scenario". Firstly, like Mike said, Mac was dead to me long ago. Puck, everyone loves him, but in todays day and age, a little person super hero doesn't have the same effect as when he was created. In the 80s it was "Wow! A little person superhero! That's amazing!". These days it's unfortunately "Haha, look at him, this team is lame". Heather was one of he best, if not the best, female leaders in comics. She will be missed. We're lucky to have another strong female leader her in Talisman. Which brings me to my next point...er Pointer. Mike Pointer(wish he had a cooler name), yes he's american, yes he's wearing "the suit". At least he's not the leader of the team. That Talisman. He'll be in the background learning his powers(does he have he suit powers too or isit just cloth?). What really made V3 not work for me was (ok more then one but I'll just mention one) that no one wore "the suit". It didn't feel like Alpha.

Look at it this way, Guardian took out Galactus, but the Collective took out Guardian. That's pretty powerful. And he's our background character! Arachne will bring the sensitve, sensible, motherly aspects we lost with Heather, with cool psychic web stuff. USAgent went toe to toe with Cap America and will bring the confidence and conflict that Northstar originally had. BRB took out THOR. So did Mike Oeming. Wow! The the lovable Sasquatch who went toe to toe with the Thing and the Hulk. And lastely Talisman who is suposedly on par with Dr. Strange. This is a powerful team. I'm excited!

We don't know what type of person this Micheal Pointer is yet, but I'm sure he will become a very good supporting character, with or without "the suit". What if his mother was Canadian? What if he brings it upon himself to adopt baby (Hailey ) Hudson? Would that be easier to swallow? We don't know much yet but I'm excited to find out, as I hope do other people, Alpha fans or not.

Can't wait Mike!