Poll: Would You Buy A Byrne AF Commision?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had the Money...

Default If you had the Money...

Would you commision an AF pic from John Byrne? Personally, I would be straight on it. He created the team and to my mind is the father of AF. To have an John Byrne Alpha image hanging on my wall would be a dream come true.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Heck yah! It's his art I like, not who he is as a person. I want to take his art home, not him.

Ben

Yes, and I have. A few sketches dating from the early 1980's which I got from New York comic cons. I hope to be able to find them and send them to Ben to put on this website. (I haven't been able to find anything since we moved.)

If I had the money, I'd definitely buy a Byrne original. My wife would probably have a warm spot set aside on the couch for me, but I'd definitely spend the coin (and lots of it).
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I would. I make a fairly decent living and don't have kids so it has been something I've contemplated. I just can't in my mind justifying the amount of money needed for a piece of original art.

how much do comissions cost?

I'm not a 100% sure, but I do know that the more characters in a pic the bigger the price. I doubt you'd get much change out of a $1000 dollars for a basic one character pic, but I could be wrong.

On that note, what would you get John Byrne to do for your commision?

Sidenote : Anyone get uneasy if they refer to John Byrne as JB or Byrne, just curious?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Nope, his last AF related commisions have not been that great. From the oddly drawn Talisman to the recent Guardian who's face looks messed, etc.

Have you seen the latest one in the AF Commision thread, it's Puck and Aurora against Tanaraq (your fave villian ), there's a link in the thread.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Have you seen the latest one in the AF Commision thread, it's Puck and Aurora against Tanaraq (your fave villian ), there's a link in the thread.
    Nope havn't seen it, where's the link?

It's in the Byrne commision thread at http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2022. Just look for Tanaraq in my post.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    It's in the Byrne commision thread at http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2022. Just look for Tanaraq in my post.
    Now THAT...I would pay for. Best AF commision I saw.

There's a commision from about a year back give or take that has the AF v OF image from #12, it has slightly more going for it than this, but the new commision is very good.
    Del

I remember that commision as the Box was excellent, but the Talisman and Guardain commisions left a sour note with me.

I'd have to go for an action scene with multiple characters. The Tanaraq and Guardian vs OF are both great. Maybe the originals coming together to face off against Tundra in the distance complete with a little waterspout Marrina in the corner.

I too have not liked his facial expressions in particular on Talisman and Guardian mentioned above.

A snowbird transformation or Shaman vision quest might be a cool commission, too.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"