[quote="Le Messor"]
Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
Well, like I said, if the government and the system it represents is so flawed and corrupt, then heroes should be bent on overthrowing it
Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
That's a bit extreme, isn't it?
Obviously I don't think that it is extreme... if indeed the government and system are so corrupt. But in your opinion what would be more moderate, given that situation?

As for comparing the pro-reg heroes to an army. Fine. But these are not soldiers that have had obedience to authority drilled into them as a teenager or young adult.
I take it you haven't been reading The Initiative?
I've read a couple of issues. But hows about all of the issues of all of the titles that preceded CW; filled to the brim with veteran heroes that are not soldiers that had obedience to authority drilled into them from an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by Manikin
The mark of a true hero would be to fall in line and take the proper routes to fight this thing instead of creating an underground and escalating the situation.
[quote="Le Messor"]What do you think of Robin Hood? Rosa Parks? Oscar Schindler? Jesus Christ?

Some would say the mark of a true hero is to stand up for what's right, regardless of the wrong around him / her.{/quote]

And others would say that the mark of a true hero is SELFLESSNESS and a willingness to sacrifice of one's self, and particularly what one would rather not give up, for the wellbeing of others, and not "me, me, me, me".

The places where you don't wind up dead in a ditch for voicing one's disapproval with the establishment or a particular law.
Tell that to Goliath!
Oh, wait, you can't. He's dead in a ditch for voicing his disapproval with a particular law. In America.
Hehe. Golaith was hardly "voicing his disapproval". He was willling combatant and died in a battle instigated by his leader who initiated said battle with a blatant rejection of IM's attempt at parley.

Of course, we could always tell it to the folk of Stamford. Or any of those who must have been killed or injured, had all of their worldly possessions destroyed in pointless, muscle-flexing hero vs. hero battles that preceded CW. None of them were combatants, willing or otherwise, and all of them represented the very people true heroes are willing to give up their health, their lives, and their very reputations in order to protect.

But no, the system is good enough when it comes to the average citizen or criminal. It's good enough when it comes to mutants. But hey, once it knocks on the door of the poor superheroes, all of them so weak and incapable of defending thesmselves, it becomes evil incarnate. Me, me, me.

Oh, and democracy isn't supposed to be easy. But pray tell, what would be both easier and better?