Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Action Figure Question

Default Alpha Action Figure Question

Years ago. I bought a Snowbird action figure here in the states that came with a Puck action figure in it. This was easily 10 or more years ago. I have long since lost the figures and dont remember what action figure line they belonged to. Does anyone know anything about them? I would love to know what other Alpha members they made if any and try to obtain them. They where pretty could looking figures from what I remember. The Puck figure had this silly cartwheel feature that I remeber never getting to work LOL. But the actual sculpts where very good.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I think it's the Marvel Collector Editions. I have the Guardian (Heather) and Sasquatch figures from that series. They came together with a hologram collector card.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I think it's the Marvel Collector Editions. I have the Guardian (Heather) and Sasquatch figures from that series. They came together with a hologram collector card.
    LEGERD YOU RULE!! Thanks for the lead. Im gonna do some research into it.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

No problem man. Here's a link to the sets:

http://www.toyfan.com/alpha.php

Yeah I have the whole set and on the back was an interview with John Bryne. It was indeed "Marvel Collector Edition"

EDIT:
    Wow, just clicked the link #29.99 each? I got the entire set for $15.00 not opened and in mint condition from EBay

Yup...You can get them way cheaper on Ebay.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Thanks for the info one and all. Im gonna have to hunt them down on Ebay. What Sasquatch figure do you all like better. The one from that set or the more recent Marvel Legends one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Thanks for the info one and all. Im gonna have to hunt them down on Ebay. What Sasquatch figure do you all like better. The one from that set or the more recent Marvel Legends one?
    I personally like the old one better. His proportion to other characters isn't right, but I prefer the sculpt to the Marvel Legends. On the other hand, the Marvel Legends on does have way more articulation, so can do much cooler poses.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Definetly prefer Marvel Legends, wish they didn't make him so skinny though.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    He's just been fasting, that's all.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    It's something about his hair(on his head) that throws me off. Not sure what, but again it's a personal preference. They're both cool! And I had to have them both. In fact I had to have the White ML one as well. The set wouldn't be complete without!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    It's something about his hair(on his head) that throws me off. Not sure what, but again it's a personal preference. They're both cool! And I had to have them both. In fact I had to have the White ML one as well. The set wouldn't be complete without!
    Almost resembles the Alien Queen from Aliens.

I had a couple sets of these. They looked alright, but the poses were really wonky and the joints were in strange places. For example, Aurora has cut joints on her hips and no knee joints. BUT she has joints in her ankles...wtf?

Anyway, yeah check on eBay. I sold my extra carded set there a month or two back and whoever won them got a good deal. I think all three two-packs went for less than $20 together.

Yeah, the women in this set were pretty bad. Wide hips with cut joints and no knees. Good for birthing babies, but sucks when you need a good pose for kicking in bad guy teeth!