Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Message Boards...

Default Marvel Message Boards...

Okay...I don't want to offend anyone here that may post there, but...Is it just me or do almost all the posters at the Marvel board act and write like they're 12 years old...Or at least under 17?

You can't seriously discuss anything with them, without them going into a tirade about how great Gambit, Emma Frost, etc..are or without them throwing a tantrum.

I just wondered if anybody feels the same way....To me, it's a very strange place.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Don't worry, you're not alone. I think they ARE all 12yrs old. Either that or they've all lived a very, very sheltered life... but I'll go with the former as it's less pathetic.

Yeah I post there as well. The general sentiment is pretty immature. Its pretty much your average message board where peeps just complain and bash things. It just acts as one more reminder of why I love our Alpha boards so much more.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Yeah, I've posted there a few times and feel it's pretty much a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    You are a stupid seal with a small rooster. Translate that into french and you'll get it.
    LOL That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    You are a stupid seal with a small rooster. Translate that into french and you'll get it.
    LOL That's awesome.
    Im gonna have to ask my girl to translate that. That curiosity is overwhelming LOL
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Im gonna have to ask my girl to translate that. That curiosity is overwhelming LOL
    Just use Babel Fish:

www.AV.com

LOL That's awesome.
    There was a comedian who acted in our first film who did a sketch using that joke. Two CBC guys, one French one English, doing a language learning show. The English guy forces the French guy to have to translate that for the viewers. Hysterical when you see them perform it on stage.

LOL That's awesome.
    There was a comedian who acted in our first film who did a sketch using that joke. Two CBC guys, one French one English, doing a language learning show. The English guy forces the French guy to have to translate that for the viewers. Hysterical when you see them perform it on stage.
    You're going to laugh at me, but I don't really see the joke unless it's got to do with the word phoque and coq and what it's means phonetically in english. Or maybe I'm thinking too much, or ...
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Yeah, most of the people on the Marvel boards are X-Men fanboys or some such.

"Ah hates the muties!"

Sorry, not a fan of the X-franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Yeah I post there as well. The general sentiment is pretty immature. Its pretty much your average message board where peeps just complain and bash things. It just acts as one more reminder of why I love our Alpha boards so much more.
    I don't know if it's the average MB. The posters just seem...juvenile...Literally. Which is good if they're actually a young audience reading/enjoying comics, but a bad thing if they're adults acting like that (with such atrocious spelling and grammar, to boot).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Damien
    Yeah, most of the people on the Marvel boards are X-Men fanboys or some such.

"Ah hates the muties!"

Sorry, not a fan of the X-franchise.
    I used to be a big X-Fan...Not anymore...It's been 10-15 years, since I was a collector/fan. Now, I only get the X-Books when a member of AF is appearing.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    You're going to laugh at me, but I don't really see the joke unless it's got to do with the word phoque and coq and what it's means phonetically in english. Or maybe I'm thinking too much, or ...
    No you got it just right haha. (I know, I'm amused by the simplest things)

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois

When I first heard that joke many years ago I couldn't figure it out either. Seems pretty funny to me now though...

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

The marvel boards are cluttered with Appreciation Threads, some with 500 pages in them (Gumbut, I mean Gambit). Mind you I post on the Omega Flight one, but still, it's a little crazy.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52