Salut XXL, bienvenue sur Alphawaves. I'm not very familiar with the french translation of Marvel comics, when i was young and not yet bilingual, I was reading the Québec translation. When they stopped publishing the Québec translation, my brother and myself could never get used to the French french translation and jump directly to the original version. But all those sensor thing you got is interesting, mostly what they cut was violent stuff and for a lack of space.

As for the article, I found it very interesting. Why did you wrote editor and not éditeur? It's not the same thing? I mostly agree with the first part of your text, but I don't agree with everything about volume 2. you read the french translation of volume 2 with Seagle or the original? Did you know Clark and Carlson where never on deadline and readers where always waiting for the comics, so that's why he was drawing hands and shadow in a minimalist style. Carlson also admitted that in that time they were having a lot of party time.

He also said Heather was based on women posing for magazine like playboy. Well, If I remember Byrne issues, Heather was all but a top model, she was a very common person and that was her strenght, I think anyway.

You really liked the conspiracy thing. I found it interesting myself, but been from the inside, it did not fit my view of our gouvernement. The subject was too much american for many, still I could have live it it even if it was not beleivable for me.

Another irritating subject was Murmur. Again, the lame stereotype with a fake French french accent was a insult to any real french canadian.

Anyway, can you tell me a little bit more about that Scarce magazine? I don't know anything about it. Ok, I can read the website, but for those who don't read french, I thought it would be nice to know. I don't know how the french translation in american comic is today, but I was once a member of a french forum about comic and they spend their time complaining about the translation, is it that bad?

Bonne Journée !