Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confusing News from Joe Fridays

to be fair he was a postman in freaking Alaska, its not like the place is filled with alot of people to make mistakes on

Yea, but think of the size of his round, he could be gone for months just delivering one sack load
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I guess it all depends on the area in which he covered, I think before we dig into the life of Michael Pointer and his qualifications as Guardian, we first need a detailed map of his round, how long it took, the speed in which he did ti in and atleats seven testimonies from neighbors establishoing him as a "Grade A" postman. You see until we decifer how good he is at mail dilivery it is completely redundent how superior his super powers are. If you fail with a small gift how can you ever succeed with a large gift. Therefor if he did bad as a postman we can't expect him to excel in saving the world. but if he went above the call of duty with his mail carrying business then perhaps it shows not only his potential as a superheroe but as a leader.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Well, I was originally going to get MCP for the Hellcat story. But if the first four segments are good I'll stay for the Guardian story. It'd be nice if MCP was every two or three weeks though.
    I have to say this was a much better Joe Friday then when Joe actually does it. He beats around the bush and gives snide remarks to often. This was more straight forward and to the point.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Michael Pointer solo stories...I'll pass...Thanks anyway, Marvel.
    I've found nothing appealing about Mr. Pointer...I don't believe I ever will.
    Dana,

Although I agree with you in priniciple, I am going ahead and ordering the first 12 issues of Marvel Comics Presents.
    Why?
    Simple.
    The way I see it, Mailman Mike may be drab, boring, a murderer of decent characters, but...I am going to read every stinking story about him. And the reason for that is that as long as there is a stinking imposter in the Guardian suit, and as long as the option of bringing back James Hudson is left open, then there is always the chance that one day I will see the panel I really want to see. The one where Mike poops his pants when confronted by the real Guardian, and made to pay for his crimes.
    That is the pivotal moment of Mailman Mike's life that I am looking forward to one day seeing.
    If it weren't for that hope, he and his stupid solo series can rot for all I care.
    Dear Marvel, Bring us back some real heroes, not these fakers you are forcing on us. Shame on you. A disgruntled fan of real action heroes.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Dana,

Although I agree with you in priniciple, I am going ahead and ordering the first 12 issues of Marvel Comics Presents.
    Why?
    Simple.
    The way I see it, Mailman Mike may be drab, boring, a murderer of decent characters, but...I am going to read every stinking story about him. And the reason for that is that as long as there is a stinking imposter in the Guardian suit, and as long as the option of bringing back James Hudson is left open, then there is always the chance that one day I will see the panel I really want to see. The one where Mike poops his pants when confronted by the real Guardian, and made to pay for his crimes.
    That is the pivotal moment of Mailman Mike's life that I am looking forward to one day seeing.
    If it weren't for that hope, he and his stupid solo series can rot for all I care.
    Dear Marvel, Bring us back some real heroes, not these fakers you are forcing on us. Shame on you. A disgruntled fan of real action heroes.
    You can buy it, if you're comfortable doing that...I'll pass. I'm not buying/supporting something I don't care for.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Dana,

Why?
    Simple.
    You can buy it, if you're comfortable doing that...I'll pass. I'm not buying/supporting something I don't care for.

Dana
    Fair 'Nuff. We'll let you know if you miss anything interesting.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default SmurfInABlender makes a valid point, too.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Michael Pointer is one of the most important characters in the Marvel Universe. He's got all that mutant power inside of him. He's the key to restoring the pre-House of M universe and possibly one of the most powerful beings to exist.

Trusting Oeming with him for 5 issues was a huge mark of respect. His new caretaker, Koslowski, carries the same burden. I hope he decides to repower the former Alpha Flight mutants!

Love,
    rplass
    I didn't think about it this way, but it makes a lot of sense. I guess Marvel figures that Michael Pointer is the type of hero for this generation of comic book fans.

I don't feel that OF# 3 did enough to bring out the three-dimensionality of Pointer's character and it should have. With 23 pages, the extra one with Talisman confronting Pointer had lots of space for character development...which it didn't capitalize on. This seems like the issue where the team is supposed to kick it in to high gear, but it just did not happen. And since someone decided not to show Talisman or Agent Brown as proficient in what they do (should've shown Talisman taking down whoever tried to steal Shaman's medicine pouch; should've shown why Canadians turned down Agent Brown's invitation to defend Canada), this makes taking Pointer as "Guardian" that much harder. Without Snowbird (The Great Beasts' nemesis) or Shaman's Ghost in either # 3 or # 4, I don't see how Omega Flight is going to prevail.

I'm going to buy OF# 5 because I want to see how this pans out. My expectations are lowered, though, knowing that Pointer is going to survive to appear in MCP. I will check out MCP# 1, but if it is not my cup of tea, I will not keep on with it.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Fair 'Nuff. We'll let you know if you miss anything interesting.
    I have no worries about that.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Michael Pointer is one of the most important characters in the Marvel Universe. He's got all that mutant power inside of him. He's the key to restoring the pre-House of M universe and possibly one of the most powerful beings to exist.

Trusting Oeming with him for 5 issues was a huge mark of respect. His new caretaker, Koslowski, carries the same burden. I hope he decides to repower the former Alpha Flight mutants!

Love,
    rplass
    He apparently lost all the mutant powers in New Avengers, when the New Avs defeated him...He no longer has access to those powers, only some residual energies. Sentry tossed the powers (along with the Xorn consciousness) into the sun and dim-bulb Bendis apparently doesn't realize that energy can't be destroyed.

However, he does have his own mutant powers...We just haven't learned the nature and extent of them.

Dana

Well, energy can be destroyed (in a nuclear reaction) and converted to mass, the law of conservation of energy applies to Newtonian physics and chemistry but not Einsteinian physics.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Well, energy can be destroyed (in a nuclear reaction) and converted to mass, the law of conservation of energy applies to Newtonian physics and chemistry but not Einsteinian physics.
    Uh...Not so, Energy can't be destroyed or created according to the very law you mention (the law of conservation of energy)...It is merely changed from one form to another.

According to Einstein...Energy is constant throughout the universe.

Dana