Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine #55 Preview

Default Re: Wolverine #55 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Ugh, so far it looks like we have:

Sabretooth crying, Sabretooth dying, and Wild Child being responsible for all the crap in Logan's life.

I wanna run up to Loeb and yell "Take it back!!"

Is anyone even enjoying this run? Everyone I know hates it and the posts under the article seem to confirm it. What is the point? I haven't even read an issue but I think I get the jist of it:
    Wolverine and all the feral mutants (including Sasquatch!?) are all connected somehow while Sabertooth will probably finally die, but it's ok cause Wild Child is the leaner, meaner, mutiple-ear-ring-wearer that the young kids can relate to, bas ass of the new milenium who, all of a sudden, has ties in a lot more to Wolvie's past then realized which makes him even more bad ass and the rightful heir to his main nemesis now that the big, old, boring Sabertooth has long outlived his "fear factor" and purpose so he and Wolvie will have one last heart to heart before the big guy finally bites it?

That about right?

You forgot the part were they all evolved from dogs [lupine]

Also seems Daken is going to be the new Sabretooth stated in a Lying in the Gutters article. Also seems in the upcoming issues Wolverine becomes brain dead, maybe WC steals the sword and stabs him in the head with it

Wow....This sounds more and more like a bunch of poo. What are the folks at Marvel thinking?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I love Wolverine. I think most people on some level at least like the character. But for the years I have been collecting I dont read his solo series and this is why. For me anyways hes a great character in a team setting and thats where I enjoy him most. Now hes had some great mini series stories I will say that. But his main book I feel has suffered from this kind of story for a long time. Yes hes a bad ass with a mysterious past. But do we need to connect him with everyone in the Marvel U's past. The man knows practically everyone. Not having a real origin for as long as he did contributed to this trap. Seems like every writer that got their mits on him felt the need to spin their own Wolverine back in the day story. Now that we have his origin lets move the character foward. But what does Loeb do. Brings him right back into the same tired formula and weaves the worst version of his past to date.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

The artwork isn't bad... everythign else sucks

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    hey man, a bit OT here but, do you know who's in that new Iron Spidey suit? I'm a Spidey Fan but not an Innitiative fan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    hey man, a bit OT here but, do you know who's in that new Iron Spidey suit? I'm a Spidey Fan but not an Innitiative fan.

Thanks
    In issue #7 1 of the 3 people wearing the spidey suit will be revealed. My money is its gonna be at least one clone of MVP.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

In issue #7 1 of the 3 people wearing the spidey suit will be revealed. My money is its gonna be at least one clone of MVP.
    Clone!? Spider-Man costume? uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead

Thanks
    I'm totally banking on one spidey being Chretien.

Where does it end?
    Maybe that the problem, it never does end in the case of these trademark heroes. So many people have had their hands in the development on Wolverine, that each one feels the need to add something new to the mix. Ultimately, it just ruins the character for me.
    I liked the Wolverine that just healed, had claws, was dark and brooding and mysterious, better than what he is now.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Hmm... fun and games in this issue. Sabretooth eh?
    Wildchild's in it again later but nothing major.

There's a 2nd variant cover shipping for the issue, making 3 covers in total.