Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Presents

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I'm refusing to buy for the simple reason that Marvel thinks I will buy it because the Guardian suit is in it. Nope, not going to let them hook me anymore with little tidbits. Either it's an ongoing series or nothing.
    Unfortunately I don't think they'll hear our dollars say "We don't want this! We want an ongoing!" They'll bend it exactly the way they want it to appear. "See we told you nobody likes an Alpha Flight story! We gave you the Guardian (AF's head guy) and nobody is buying it. Omega Flight sells were obviously inflated by fanboys buying up multiple copies."
    That's why I posted on the Marvel boards saying that I wasn't going to buy anymore of their comics until an AF/OF ongoing happens. We may not be a huge community compared to other fan bases, but if we all posted/emailed/mailed in that message Marvel might rethink trying to take advantage of us.

EDIT TO ADD: I've started on two new DC titles (and I'm no fan of DC) to sate my comic hunger, so I'll not give in and buy any Marvel comics.

so funny that you mention that, i just started picking up some independents, some image and dc and really am enjoying most of it.

weaning off marvel may not be that hard after all.

I am weak, I added MCP to my pull list and I was even heckled by someone at the comic shop.

I did pick up some non-Marvel today though, Mice Templar and Booster Gold so I am slowly (very slowly) going away from Marvel.

I can't stop buying Marvel. Despite my lack of enthuse for so many of their titles there's a bunch of others I love. They are:

X-Factor/NewXMen/StarLord/Nova/NewWarriors/CaptainAmerica.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Well, I get very little Marvel. Thunderbolts, New Excalibur, Exiles (dropping at #99) I'm definitly keeping 'Bolts, but if I don't like the new writer for Excalibur then that goes too.

LOTS of other good stuff out there. I admit I'm more of a DC fan. Currently I get Checkmate, Brave and the Bold, Catwoman, Manhunter and will be getting Suicide Squad and Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters. Also a mess of trades from DC and Veritgo.
    Some indie trades too like Conan, Red Sonja, Bone, HACK/SLASH.

Won't be very hard for me to ween off The House of (bad) Ideas.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

I'm definitely going to get the MCP series. It sounds really good and it has so much stuff in it. It will be my regular monthly until Alpha Flight gets its own series.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #5
    Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM, CHRISTOS GAGE, MERRILL HAGAN
    & RICH KOSLOWSKI
    Penciled by DAVE WILKINS, JOYCE CHIN, STAZ JOHNSON
    & ANDREA DIVITO
    Cover by GREG LAND

Take a trip to the SAVAGE LAND as Ka-Zar, Shanna, and Zabu defend their home against dinosaurs, mutates, mercenaries, and corporate goons in flying boats! This all-new serial begins right here! Plus: last time we saw the WRECKING CREW, they were being thrown in prison by OMEGA FLIGHT. Find out how the boys are adjusting to life behind bars... All that, PLUS the continuing adventures of Guardian in WEAPON OMEGA, and the murder of a man with no identity leads Stacy Dolan into the world of masked men and power-hungry monsters in VANGUARD!

40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

I know, it's not exactly on topic, but...
    I just pick it up today, because, well, in the last 2 months I had a lot of personal problems, and I didn't red it, i just give a look, and i was wondering..did someone notice thet agent brown looks totally different from the one in OMEGA FLIGHT? it's not only the different style in his clothes, but he looks older, too, and he is physically very different from the one we met on OF.... he looks more like Walt than Brown. Am I right or Am I just having a sort of dream?

I came back to life through an ocean of fire, flames passion and glory....

Quote Originally Posted by firestar
    I know, it's not exactly on topic, but...
    I just pick it up today, because, well, in the last 2 months I had a lot of personal problems, and I didn't red it, i just give a look, and i was wondering..did someone notice thet agent brown looks totally different from the one in OMEGA FLIGHT? it's not only the different style in his clothes, but he looks older, too, and he is physically very different from the one we met on OF.... he looks more like Walt than Brown. Am I right or Am I just having a sort of dream?
    Yeah, you weren't the only one who thunk it.

Unless "Agent Brown" is just a C.S.I.S. generic name for an agent and there are many Agent Browns, several at once, or maybe people take turns being Agent Brown and that is Walter going by the name of Agent Brown for a while...dunno. The bowtie confused me.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

MCP #3 is out and we see some familar faces.....

SPOILER:

Agent Brown [Who looks completly different], US Agent, Arcahne aaaaaaand....SASQUATCH and he doesn't get beat up, he gives the beatings

END SPOILER

Should that have been posted with a spoiler alert?

Your right, I corrected it now

I wonder if this book will last until issue 12, to finish the story.

I would be shocked if they stopped it before 12, as basically every Marvel title that has been cancelled latelty was allowed to go to issue 12 so it can be in a digest trade.