Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine Movie: Alpha Reference

Default Wolverine Movie: Alpha Reference

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4259685a1860.html

"The consent application, seen by The Press yesterday, shows a barn and farmhouse will be built at Arcadia Station at a site called Hudson Farm in the movie's story, with the final scene involving the destruction of the barn using explosives. "

Hmmm....

Default Re: Wolverine Movie: Alpha Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4259685a1860.html

"The consent application, seen by The Press yesterday, shows a barn and farmhouse will be built at Arcadia Station at a site called Hudson Farm in the movie's story, with the final scene involving the destruction of the barn using explosives. "

Hmmm....
    Interesting...I wonder...Is the name just a nod to the fans or are the Hudson's in the film and this is their farm? Hopefully they're not blown up in the barn (by the Collective).

Dana :P
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The text from the article states "a site called Hudson Farm in the movie's story" so if my English is good enough that may mean that the farm belong to the Hudsons...

I don't have many hopes for Alpha Flight to be shown in the film but Mac and Heather played an important role in the "pos"t Weapon X story that the film is going to be focused on so I guess it's possible that Mac and Heather both appear in the film rescuing Wolverine from the snow after escaping from the Weapon X facilities.

The article also mentions that the barn will be destroyed by an explosion. Is it possible that once they find Logan resting in Hudson's farm they try to kill him by making the barn explode? I know I'm reading too much between lines but one can dream.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I think it could go either way--but it seems most likely to me that it is our Hudsons' farm.

... Which would be new to the movie. When did they ever have a farm? During the origin special? (First Flight). Not their farm, but the Flight lived on one.

- Le Messor
    "Everyone ought to have a maid."

i wonder who will play them lol

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Assuming they're in it.

Wasn't there also a reference in X-men 2 to Department H? When Mystique was stealing the info out of the computer, there were all the names of mutants and organizations and such. I thought Dept. H appeared there. If so, you would hope that the Hudsons played some role in the Wolverine movie.

If the Hudson farm thing is true, then I'd guess they will be in the movie, just no AF if it's an 'early' Wolverine, Weapon X and all.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Somehow I have a bad feeling about this....
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Assuming they're in it.

Wasn't there also a reference in X-men 2 to Department H? When Mystique was stealing the info out of the computer, there were all the names of mutants and organizations and such. I thought Dept. H appeared there. If so, you would hope that the Hudsons played some role in the Wolverine movie.
    Department H was one of the folders in Stryker's computer files (so he had some info on them)...As were fiolders on Alpha, Beta and Gamma Flights.

Alpha-related names also appeared in the Mutant list like...Gibney, kyle /Wild Child and apparently Roger Bochs (not a mutant, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Alpha-related names also appeared in the Mutant list like...Gibney, kyle /Wild Child and apparently Roger Bochs (not a mutant, of course).
    Neither is Juggernaut, so who knows how they're gonna bastardise poor ol' Roger in the movies (assuming they would).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Neither is Juggernaut, so who knows how they're gonna bastardise poor ol' Roger in the movies (assuming they would).
    Yes...For some reason, the producers/writers/etc think any character with super-powers in an X-film has to be made a mutant (whether they are in the comics or not)...Juggernaut, Lady Deathstrike. I wonder if they feel it's not believable to have other-powered people in these films? If so, it's a rather odd way of thinking (considering all the other Marvel films have non-mutant super-powered characters, but some have differing power origins...Spider-Man 1-3, Fantastic Four 1-2, Hulk version 1 and version 2, Iron Man).

While the first Hulk film seemed to be stymied by everyone (and even some dogs...ugh) having to be powered by Gamma radiation...The Spider-Man films have people being empowered by gen-engineered spiders, accidental tech empowerment, serums and armor...And Spider-Man 3 (which I haven't seen) even deals with an alien (venom symbiote), right? Fantastic Four deals with people empowered by a cosmic storm and FF 2 even has alien beings...

Why are the X-Men films so pigeon-holed that the characters have to be either mutants or non-powered normal humans?

Maybe the Wolverine film will venture out of that rut?

Dana

the article says thats a log cabin. hmmmm.......

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    I would assume it's the log cabin where Wolverine and Silver Fox lived before Sabertooth "killed" her.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    The 2nd pic is of course, a log cabin...The first pic could be Hudson farm. They are obviously two different buildings.

Dana