Thread: Some Alpha Flight appearances

Hybrid View

No, Marrina is not in Avengers Annual #17. It takes place between #297 and #298, which was 5-6 issues after Namor "killed" the transformed Marrina.

It was also the conclusion to "The Evolutionary War", the first Marvel big summertime crossover event. Featured a team of ad hoc Avengers (since the team had broken up after #297) that included Captain America (in his guise as The Captain), the Falcon, Beast, Hulk (grey Joe Fixit version), Hercules, Jocasta, and Yellowjacket II (the female one that started out as a villain after stealing Hank Pym's outfit, then became a hero and traveled to the future with the [original] Guardians of the Galaxy, then returned home just to be killed by Tony Stark at the beginning of "The Crossing" storyline.).

There may be a passing mention to "The Leviathan" by Attuma (who is in the annual), but of that I am even doubtful upon a cursory flip-through of my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eberly View Post
    There may be a passing mention to "The Leviathan" by Attuma (who is in the annual), but of that I am even doubtful upon a cursory flip-through of my copy.
    I'd imagine that's where the misconception comes from.
    Cheers Jason!