Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Alpha Flight appearances

The Black Knight #1 appearance is a single page cameo of her in Leviathan form, in flashback to events of Avengers #293. There's also an image of Namor stabbing her in the head, an exact re-creation of the same panel on p25 of that issue, except the blood squirting out of Marrina's head was miscolored black in the re-creation.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Nice one. I thought as much.

And the black blood might not be a mis-colouring; it's something that happens a lot in comics as a way of getting around the comic-code because supposedly it's less violent than red blood...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Which is weird, because black blood implies more violence than red. It probably means you've hit a vein or something (yes, I have seen blood looking black before. Don't ask).

~ Le Messor
    "Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge, not the fountainheads."

A technical appearance of sorts: You Are Spider-Man Vs. The Incredible Hulk.

It's another choose-your-own-adventure novel and it has a few chapters at the start that include 'Dr Walter Langkowski... one of the world's top experts on radiation..."
    There are no illustrations of him however.

The OHOTMU HC adds it as continuity so if so it's after the 'birth' of Spider-Man & Hulk, but before Walt became Sasquatch.

Images

Wow, that's cool. ~ Le Messor "Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Wolverine & the X-Men #25.

At the back of the issue there's an infrographic, much like the one in Uncanny X-Men (Vol.2) #1 that includes Northstar as "Senior Staff Member" of the Jean Grey School.
    Reading back, there's actually a couple of photos pinned up in Dog's shack that feature Alpha Flight with Wolverine, so more of an appearance.

Images

I hadn't noticed those!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Which is weird, because black blood implies more violence than red. It probably means you've hit a vein or something (yes, I have seen blood looking black before. Don't ask).

~ Le Messor
    "Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge, not the fountainheads."
    If you recall in the movie Star Trek 6 The Undiscovered Country the Klingon blood was pinkish/purple. This was because they had to make it that colour to get the scene past the ratings board with a pg-13. On The Next Generation however the blood was red because they didn't have to worry about that. Also blood can appear black if is or has started to coagulate/clot.

Images

It was also a convenient way to distinguish Klingon blood from human. It always bugged me that they made Klingon blood red on the shows from then on.

~ Le Messor
    "Liar: One who tells an unpleasant truth."

The previously mentioned Age of Apocalypse Omnibus is now going to have a long-awaited companion! Rumors of this beast are true! Amazon says 992 pages which is immensely huge for a companion book. Wait until April 2014 though.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Age-Apoc...dp/0785185143/

Be sure to find Wild Child, Aurora, Northstar and Box (AoA versions) in this elephantine tome.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Amazon says 992 pages
    immensely huge
    this elephantine tome.
    Can we officially nickname it, The Back Breaker?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Anyone pick up Uncanny Avengers #11?

Apparently there's a brief X-Force cameo, so of course that means some Puck!

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Anyone pick up Uncanny Avengers #11?

Apparently there's a brief X-Force cameo, so of course that means some Puck!

Yes! I was quite surprised to see him. They show other teams as well and it really brings the whole connected universe thing together. I love it.

Today's comics

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

For the legacy of a classic AF character pick up Infinity:The Hunt #1!

Images

Sounds intriguing...