Quote Originally Posted by zephyr74
1) Beta Ray Bill? That seems sane compared to US Agent...it's a Canadian super-team.
I couldn't agree more.

2) Were they for real with Yukon Jack?
In which regard? Generally speaking, alas, they VERY tried to be for real with him (or at least Lobdell was), much to our chagrin.

3) Puck and Heather married?
Ooookay, where did you get THAT from?
4) Why do they keep getting artists who make Sasquatch look like Chewbacca? Byrne did it best.
No question. But I am going to TOTALLY gag on this next statement when I say that Liefeld did a good rendition of him (*ugh* I can taste bile in my mouth) - see his version in the banner at the top of this... or any other... page)

5) When and why did John Byrne say he hated Alpha Flight? It's the best thing he's ever created by himself. (His run w/ Claremont on X-Men is hands down one of the best creative teams in comic history).
I can't remember the when, but the why was basically that he didn't 'connect' with the characters (bollox!) while working with them for, um, TWENTY-EIGHT issues. Some believe he was just distancing himself from the team because he was getting the book he REALLY wanted at the time (Incredible Hulk).

6) What is all that stuff about different Shamans? Is Talisman still the same woman?
Yes and no. Michael Twoyoungmen is and was the Shaman, tho he DID have an apprentice in the form of Chuck 'Earthmover' Moss (don't ask me, I didn't name him) until Michael died at the hands of the Collective in New Avengers. Recently, Talisman has been using Shaman's pouch, tho still going by Talisman. If you don't count the period in Alpha Flight volume #1 that Shaman was Talisman, then yes, Talisman is still the same woman, save for the fact that she's a tad more pissy now that her dad and most of the rest of Alpha are apparently dead. (As for the 'other Shamans' you're prolly seeing references to other reality versions of Shaman - such as John Proudstar as Shaman in Exiles a few years ago.)

7) Speaking strictly from a creative standpoint, Alpha Flight should be the comic book equivalent of PG-13 or more mature. The orginal members (meaning anyone introduced in the first 50 issues) have so much potential. Can't any creative team get it right?
Theoretically, yes, one can. So far, we haven't seen them. I'm still hopeful, tho not going to hold my breath (I'm a smoker, thus I have the lung capacity of a two-year-old)