Thread: Alpha FLight question

Default Alpha FLight question

I have alot of the 1st vol not all, but when rereading Byrnes original series, Mac and Heather find out about Snowbird's power and ask her and Shaman to join Department H. Where was Shaman during first flight then?

In another book, it had Wildchild scaring Stitch and Wolverine getting all pissy, but that brings up my question of where was Kyle during First Flight and I always thought it was the death of Saint Elmo that made Mac form the tier program. If they sent in a rookie in Groundhog, then why wouldnt he send in either Shaman or Wild Child.

IIRC Shaman wasn't an active member then, he was acting in a mystic advisory/medical role. Wild Child probably was still a subject of the Secret Empire at that time.

In a Wolverine issue though, Wolverine freaked out at Wild CHild for scarring Stitch though. Stitch was scared went they went to stop Egghead. Thus, Kyle had to be there

Then I would guess WC was being held for "treatment", i.e.: until the headshrinkers at Dept. H could make him controllable.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    In a Wolverine issue though, Wolverine freaked out at Wild CHild for scarring Stitch though. Stitch was scared went they went to stop Egghead. Thus, Kyle had to be there
    Which issue? Could you look it up, thx? (For my own peace of mind, I want to know if I have it.)

The implication in First Flight was that she'd scarred herself by stitching herself up. No, the scars pictured did not match the ones described -- but I once read Shardik by Richard Adams (of Watership Down fame) where a major character had very carefully described burn marks -- later we get told they're bear scratches.

Shaman was in First Flight, hanging around in the background talking to James. iirc.
    ... just checked. He shows up at the end to chew Mac out for letting Birdy do superheroics.

- Le Messor
    "Like I told the woman in the black dress and the long, black veil: Good mourning."
    - me
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-12-2011 at 03:41 AM.

The issue you are looking for with Wild Child and Stitch is AF #127, 2nd story. It kind of explains why Wild Child wasn't set out as a field operative in First Flight.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I dont have 127. That must explainmy confusion.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    The issue you are looking for with Wild Child and Stitch is AF #127, 2nd story.
    Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    I dont have 127. That must explainmy confusion.
    And mine. Wow, my memory is fuzzy around that era. I have got to reread.

Pity the only place you can have both time and money is the dark side of the Moon.

Thx, so I do have it!

- Le Messor
    "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all."
    - Ecclesiastes 9:5

Dark side of the moon? No such place, Mik. :P

Personally, I think First Flight just muddied the waters of Alpha Flight more (after Puck's horribly bad origin reveal, the revelation of the Twins being Elves...Bochs, Puck and Jeffries knowing each other from some ridiculous psych clinic...Walter becoming a woman, etc, etc and so on).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Images

Sure there is... It's just over there, on the other side of the wall. (It's also possible I'm suffering a momentary lapse of reason...)

I thought that First Flight fit into the past far better than those other things you mentioned. (And, at least they've de-elfed the twins!)

- Le Messor
    "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
    - Jane Austen's Mr. Bennet

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Sure there is... It's just over there, on the other side of the wall. (It's also possible I'm suffering a momentary lapse of reason...)

I thought that First Flight fit into the past far better than those other things you mentioned. (And, at least they've de-elfed the twins!)

- Le Messor
    "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
    - Jane Austen's Mr. Bennet
    Very true...I'm glad that Bill Mantlo wasn't allowed to do his original story idea with Northstar, but the whole Elves/Fairy thing was in really bad taste...Thankfully (as you stated, Mik), that mess was cleared up (by another writer, of course).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!