Not to defend JQ or anything, but I think Marvel has pared down its books to properties it knows will sell. Hence why Wolverine is in a dozen different titles every month, and why M Day and Secret Invasion dealt almost exclusively with the American heroes. However, it's a bad cycle. Marvel hasn't put the effort into many non-American characters, so they aren't that popular, so not enough readers want to read about them, so they don't sell books, so Marvel doesn't put the effort into them, etc.

And, according to Marvel, the reason so many American mutants survived M Day, is due to the magic-based characters like Doc Strange putting up a barrier against the Scarlet Witch's spell which protected most of the US mutants (that were nearer) while foreign mutants (who were outside the barrier and therefore not protected) were the ones affected.
In my books, this still equates to an American-centric snobbery on Marvel's part, so I'll keep voting with my wallet and continue to not buy Marvel books until AF returns.