Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Astonishing Tales: Snowbird one-shot

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Near the end of X-Infernus #4, after Magik and Pixie shatter the amulet, the Elder Gods recede back to where they came, and it appears that Witchfire goes with them. It sort of looks as if she's absorbed into the bricks. It didn't seem to me that she got herself killed.

Love,
    rplass
    Gotcha I thought you were saying she escaped the Elder God realm, but yeah I don't think she was killed there either.

Yeah, so if she weren't killed, it wouldn't make sense for Magik to say that she found Witchfire reincarnted. The rest of the statment was,

Code:
    What she’s referring to by “reincarnated” is difficult to understand, unless it means “reconstituted” as opposed to “resurrected.” At the ending of X-Infernus, Witchfire is shown escaping Limbo, seemingly alive, so the notion of being “reconstituted” would make much more sense.
    By the way, you can make comments on my other site for specific posts, which might be preferable for narrow topics such as this, whatever!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Well this will by my last post and then I'll direct my comments to your site.

Maybe she finds a loophole to escape the Elder God dimension, by transfering her soul into another. *shrugs*

Back to Snowbird...I really liked the short story (and it introduced two new Great Beasts).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

When we are talking about two "new" Great Beasts (since I have not read this issue yet), I have to imagine we are meaning that we have never seen them before, right? As opposed to "new", as in, just created or come into being?
    Have these two never even been mentioned before? Seems like that'd be an odd thing, that they had been around, but never mentioned and never seen until now...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    When we are talking about two "new" Great Beasts (since I have not read this issue yet), I have to imagine we are meaning that we have never seen them before, right? As opposed to "new", as in, just created or come into being?
    Have these two never even been mentioned before? Seems like that'd be an odd thing, that they had been around, but never mentioned and never seen until now...
    New as in never seen before or mentioned before, but are "old" Great Beasts.

We have been introduced to several "new" Great Beasts that we never knew before, such as the ones that appeared in Wolverine, Hercules and Over the Edge so its not a "new" concept.

Oh and one more thing..."new"...just had to say it one more time.

Knew you'd say that...thanx Reggie!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I didn't even know it was out, and I've been looking.

We've had discussion recently over the numbers of Great Beasts. Secret Invasion: Home Invasion adds to the controversy by saying something like 'the eight Great Beasts'; which would imply only eight, which'd make new ones impossible.

But SIHI was written / drawn as if the creators had never read Alpha, so I'm not gonna take it too serious.

- Le Messor
    "Humour is also a way of saying something serious."
    - T.S. Eliot

I'm gonna have to look up my old Alpha issues, I think Somon said something about all the other Great Beasts killing each other off, leaving only the 8.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
    I'm gonna have to look up my old Alpha issues, I think Somon said something about all the other Great Beasts killing each other off, leaving only the 8.
    I was getting the same kind of memory, so I've just now opened AF v1 #24, and we now have a definitive answer from the pen (or typewriter or...) of Byrne himself! And, letterer Rick Parker! Has he ever steered us wrong before?
    Shaman: "Three of the beasts have been utterly destroyed... but three remain."
    Which puts the number at six.

rplass: Thanks for mentioning the throne and the bit of AF #3... I wanted to mention them, but forgot.

- Le Messor
    "Moderation is a virtue only in those who are thought to have an alternative."
    - Kissinger

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Which puts the number at six.
    Well, so the "8" number is correct, since two "new" old Beasts have been introduced. Right?
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

Images

There have been more than two new old beasts; the writers have been treating them like there's an unknown number, and have been making them up all over the place. Which is what prompted the earlier discussion I mentioned.

- Le Messor
    "Gentlemen, it appears to be unanimous that we cannot agree."

I shall stick with the seven that Byrne introduced. All the rest are whatever.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

I just remembered who that seventh was... Should look at my own avatar.

- Le Messor
    George Foreman, when asked whether he worries about brain damage: "Anybody going into boxing already has brain damage."

In the alphanex I tried to seperate them as Great Beast of Antiquity which the bear demon was called, but their definetly implied to be Bryne's Great Beasts