Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tweaks - Feedback pleas :)

Default Sticky Threads separated

I'm tweaking a few things, so as I tweek, I'll ask for opinions on if you guys like it better tweaked or back how it was.

So I just made sticky threads in a forum section separated a bit thinking it will be easier to skim over the threads/new posts when you enter a section. You will now see headers for "Sticky Threads" and "Normal Threads"

I like it. Whenever something is clearly defined like that, I like it. It is visually appealing to me. Nice job!

Yep I like it, helps to keep things organized.

Be judicious about the number of stickies per forum. I've seen some forums where there are MORE stickies than posts on the 1st page. No good. I think 1-3 is a good number of stickies, not too much more than that.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

No worries there. Most stickies we have have been there for years

Added a small "Users Online" block at the top of the front page of the forum, and one on the top of the front page of the master site.

Also added Calendar tab on every page.

Ah, the Calendar tab on every page. That's good.

Calendar thoughts: I can't see what it would be used for except to show known appearances based on solicits and previews. It's a column of Wednesdays with nothing on Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri nor Sat.

You should sticky up a call for users to keep updating the calendar too.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

So, I just got a new 24" wide-screen monitor. In playing with my resolution I realized a few issues with the site with a fine resolution. I made a few changes, part being with setting a maximum width. If anyone experiences any display problems please speak up.

So you have probably notice many more text editing option in the quick reply WYSIWYG, also in the thread editing one. Didn't like having to enter advanced mode for these text options.

I may have temporarily crashed the database in the process, but the Alphanex Wiki is now integrated in to the entire website searching process.

as requested by Del, I have added pagination links (where applicable) to the top of qualified pages as well as at the bottom.

added a "share" button to the top of articles to be able to share the article through many forms of social networking. Might add it to the forums too.

Just a suggestion but under the reviews section, maybe there should be a link specifically for "Ultimate Universe" entries rather then place them in guest apperances as their not the standard AF.

Or maybe generically "Alternate Universe"