Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tweaks - Feedback pleas :)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I like the idea of an Alternate Universe category in Guest Appearances. Ultimate could even be its own subcategory.

- Le Messor
    "Gargling twice daily is a good way to see if your neck leaks."

I added a random gallery image widget to the front page. I have it just below the users online. My only hesitation here is that it pushes the recent forum posts down, which I would think most people would want to see close to the top. Where would you folks like to see the random image widget displayed?

I really like the random gallery image, also can you add a feature for us to edit picture information? As I like to give credit to the artists of the fanart, but some I don't know right now but I eventually find them out and would like to add them.

I just uploaded a heck of a lot of really rare Alpha Flight peices. Still more to come.

Great stuff there KM! I just changed the rights so you can now edit information on images you have uploaded. If you know see of information in need of updating on something an other member has uploaded, post to the comments, and they or an admin can modify it.

On the cover gallery, what's the recommended size for the thumbnails and for the full-sized covers?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

It generates the thumbnails for you you. As for image size, whatever you want really. It will automatically resize anything that's too huge, and for large images, it generates in inline medium linking to the large.

On the gallery page, how do users add new galleries? For example how do I add a "Guest appearance" gallery and then fill it with subgalleries of "Uncanny X-Men", "Contest of Champions", etc., and then fill those with images, just like we had on the old site.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    On the gallery page, how do users add new galleries? For example how do I add a "Guest appearance" gallery and then fill it with subgalleries of "Uncanny X-Men", "Contest of Champions", etc., and then fill those with images, just like we had on the old site.
    That's something that can only be done through the admin control panel. Let me see if there is a workaround, I'll get back to you.

Ok my experimental attempt to add the subdirectories and a few random images was mildly successful. BUT I fear I have committed myself to uploading hundreds and hundreds of images, which I just won't be able to do so soon. I'll spend some time filling up the directories and after that, we'll put out a general call for assistance with getting the cover gallery populated, OK!

Love,
    rplass

Sounds like a plan

Am getting the following;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 530 bytes) in /hermes/web04/b1777/moo.benjaminlwells/gallery/image-inc.php on line 154

when bulk uploading.

Looking at what you uploaded, I'm guessing that since your images are big, there's a limit to how much it will upload in one shot. You may try sticking to 5 at a time. I just uploaded 20 smaller images without any problem, so that's what I'm assuming is going on.

Heh, I'm sticking to 2.
    I may scale them down rather than have actual size covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Am getting the following;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 530 bytes) in /hermes/web04/b1777/moo.benjaminlwells/gallery/image-inc.php on line 154

when bulk uploading.
    Haha you broke alphaflight net! Good job, Phil!

Oh and yeah, scaling down the covers to height 800px is a good idea. What would anyone do with a "full size" cover anyway**? I experimented a little and found that the max height of 800px is optimal, otherwise the software will create a medium sized image of height 800px anyway. I did not experiment with the horizontal direction because the aspect ratio of comic covers exceeds 1.0. I'll try it again with wraparound covers and trifold covers. Ben thinks the height limit before the software re-scales to a medium image might be 900px but when I made a cover at 804 px height, all hell broke loose, bleeding walls at the police station, cats and dogs living together, no good, but at 800px height it was just fine.

I'm sticking to 800px for this reason.

Love,
    rplass

**one exception is the wraparound cover to Avengers/JLA #3 which would be sweet to have at "full size" yesh!
    Last edited by rplass; 03-13-2010 at 04:35 PM.