Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
Technically, Liz also lost a sister in Heather, since Heather and her parents raised Liz after her mother died and Michael left to grieve (and eventually became Shaman). John Byrne killed Mac because his death would have the most impact on the team (and Byrne found him the most boring to write)...Unfortunately, that didn't stop writers from bringing Mac back again and again and again.
Good point Re: Liz and Heather... I always liked that dynamic.
As for resurrections, I'm almost always against them. The only situation in which I don't bristle is when the death is presumed. Like Marrina, for example. We're pretty sure she died but no confirmation was ever made. In fact, that used to be a comic book staple. The bad guy would go "Aaaarrrgh!", vanish under a pile of rumble, but alas, pop up 20 issues later having escaped death.

I just like the impact a beloved character's death has in the fictional universe. Once that gets watered down... cliche even, we fans ultimately get deprived of something.

Mac's death in issue 12 was BRILLIANT. WHAT THE HELL WAS JOHN BYRNE THINKING?!? It was so shocking, so genius that it lapped itself, landing on the "insane" peg on the board. To this day I love it and hate it equally.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
I despise Pointer, as some other Flight fans do...I do not want to see him return to Canada and/or don the maple leaf uniform ever again.
Fair enough