Thread: A Reason For Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    If the new Heroic Age does what it sounds like it's meant to do, yes. It'll solve one of the problems I've had with a lot (but not all, not really even most) of comics lately - that the heroes aren't.
    Comics, ideally, for me, should be a battle of good vs. evil; these days, a lot are evil vs. slightly less evil. I'm tired of being expected to sympathise with heroes I can't tell apart from villains. I'm tired of having to hold my 'heroes' to lower standards than I do real people - I should be able to hold them much, much higher.
    The Heroic Age should, let's hope, solve that.

Will it solve the 'they never get the chance to be people problem'? Maybe, maybe not. There's nothing in the premise to say it should, but wouldn't it be cool if it did?
    That might be a good time for a new Alpha Flight series.

- Le Messor
    Hartley's Second Law: Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.
    So, as somebody who has been out of the loop for a bit - how is this new Age stacking up so far?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    So, as somebody who has been out of the loop for a bit - how is this new Age stacking up so far?
    I don't think we've discussed it much.
    Personally? Disappointed.
    I was hoping to going back to hopeful, heroic stories with bright colours (I know those aren't the look now, but they really help me to enjoy a comic, it turns out, whatever Scott McCloud says)m focus on character (notably, people with secret identies - lives outside of being superheroes, so I have something to identify with); but I haven't seen much that isn't more of the same hard sci-fi 'tude that's been leaving me cold for a while now. One of the new relaunches was Secret Avengers, which is dark stuff again; as was Avengers Academy.
    Not saying that stuff doesn't exist. Spider-Man springs to a wall, sticks there for a while, then springs to mind.

Been enjoying all one issues so far of Young Allies, but it needs to get its head out of 00s' fashion.

BTW... I didn't read the lyrics you posted. Why? Alice is my second-favourite artist (after Queen), and I know that song well. Love it.
    But it's disturbing that you'd post it...

- Mik
    "He that speaks ill of the Mare will buy her."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin