Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Alpha Flight trades

Default Custom Alpha Flight trades

Wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in...

Anyway, I'd finally had it with the lack of original Alpha Flight collections a couple of months back, and so I got in touch with to Single Bound Studios to, among other things, get my spare AF run bound, along with a few guest appearance books. Got them back not long ago.

The logo on my softcover got snipped, but that was my mistake -- next time, I'll know better than to play fast and loose with the designated trim lines (or just let David at Single Bound do the covers instead). All in all, though, I'm quite happy with the results.

Has anyone else had some custom trades put together?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I haven't, but that'd be cool. Of course, I'd spend ages cutting apart my spare runs and spare guest appearances (and I have spares of neither) putting them in chronological order, which is nigh impossible.

- Le Messor
    Buffy: "Have you completely lost your mind?"
    Spike: Well, duh, where have you been all night?"

Those look lovely, Suzene. Looks like those folks at Single Bound do a great job.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Those look awsome! How much did it cost to do the books in the top pic?

I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years for my Byrne AF issues. They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I haven't, but that'd be cool. Of course, I'd spend ages cutting apart my spare runs and spare guest appearances (and I have spares of neither) putting them in chronological order, which is nigh impossible.
    You wouldn't have to do the cutting and pasting, just be really specific with what you want. For example, they were able to take out the double-sided ads and back covers from the bound comics on request, and keep the MCP #92 Northstar appearance while chucking the rest of that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Those look lovely, Suzene. Looks like those folks at Single Bound do a great job.
    Very much agreed. My bookshelves make me happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Those look awsome! How much did it cost to do the books in the top pic?
    The price for high-end hardbound as above is $50 each, with return shipping included in the cost. You can get up to 25 issues included per volume, and I think they have minumum of two books per order.

David also just posted an updated list of available styles and prices here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Maxwell View Post
    I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years for my Byrne AF issues. They look great!
    100% agreement there, and David was great to work with.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    You wouldn't have to do the cutting and pasting, just be really specific with what you want. For example, they were able to take out the double-sided ads and back covers from the bound comics on request, and keep the MCP #92 Northstar appearance while chucking the rest of that issue.
    That might work, but I'm not somebody who'd trust anybody else to do something that fiddly to my satisfaction.
    The order would be something like 'pages 4-5 of Marvel-Team-Up #84, then the first half of Alpha Flight #1'.... *(fictional example). Worse, to really get it right, I'd probably have to do something like "Put issue #18 of Machine Man between panels 2 & 3 of page 4 #13..." There's something wrong with me... but you guys knew that, right?

And what happens if, say, story 1 in #3 shares a page with story 2, which as an origin would be set years before?

Actually, what I'd love to have the time and resources to do is to get electronic versions (the Marvel originals?) of all every appearance, and sort them chronologically as described, then print them and get them bound like your collection.

'scuse me while I wipe the drool away...

- Le Messor
    "Have you ever shown a novice the “any” key? ... Was it the power switch?"

Do you have to send in your book to get it done? Or could you send copies of the issues on a disc and in the order you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Do you have to send in your book to get it done? Or could you send copies of the issues on a disc and in the order you want?
    You have to send in the comics you want bound. Reproducing and binding the issues would be a lot more expensive, not to mention the kind of thing that would earn a body a call from Disney's lawyers.
    Last edited by suzene; 06-06-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Marrina's #1 Fan Miles First Flight

what site do you do this at? gives me an idea to do every Marrina appearance in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfurious87 View Post
    what site do you do this at? gives me an idea to do every Marrina appearance in chronological order
    I believe this is the site http://www.dpbanks.com/ Single Bound Studios.

awesome thank you I checked it out and Ill probably try to find a local binder as I hate sending my babies away

Images

I'm not sure you should be binding your babies. I mean, swaddling clothes are one thing, but --
    Oh, you meant your comics. sorry...

lol though a book of my 2 kids would be alot quieter...hmm that gives me an idea baby binders could be a hot new thing like the new pet rock