Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Alpha Flight RPG Thread

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMountie View Post
    NAME: Eagle

BIOGRAPHY: Eagle is someone who is laid back, and stumbled upon his power by accident. Something from out of this world gave him the option of having "whatever he wanted for free". He does not know what it was, but he accepted after a particularly bad game of golf. Sadly, he got what he asked for: "to be better at the game of golf". To be explained in detail soon. After displaying his talent/power, he attempted to get into Beta Flight.
    APPEARANCE: Looks like your run of the mill, average human. Has not discovered a costume which will work for him.

Oh man. Can't wait to meet your sidekick, Birdie.
    KNOWN POWERS: Perfect accuracy. Never misses. Usually carries around a golf club, and a pack full of hundreds of golf balls. If he loses concentration, or if he attempts something too far outside his range of distance, he will fail.
    Oh man. Can't wait to meet your sidekick, Birdie.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Canada's Top Superhero New Recruit

Hahaha, no sidekicks. Although because of your post, I did realize that Street Fighter introduced two English fighters both relating to golf. How strange.

Code Name: Acadia

Man in his 20s. Found on a beach on Sable Island, Nova Scotia by Marrina after a stormy night. Last thing he remembers is being on a ship in 1755, kicked ouf of his village and being deported to Louisiana along with his fiancé, Evangeline, and many other Acadians. A storm hit the ship and their ship was disintegrated, all ending up in the ocean. Somehow, he resurfaced in the current year on the Sable Island beach. Marrina brought him to

Powers:
    His body is somewhat liquidfied. He is almost able to become fully waterlike.
    The spirits of the Acadians, and of some British soldiers, who drowned during the storm reside in him, giving him super strenght.
    The time travel he experienced also gives him a little bit of precognitive perception.

To: James MacDonald Hudson
    Re: Roster

Hello Mac,

Congratulations on your recent victory against Doktor Seiben. Had he managed to take control of the Pickering Nuclear Stn he would have had us over quite a barrel. Your Alpha Flight unit did exemplary work. I do ask however if you could perhaps let yourself or Mrs. Hudson handle the press afterwards. Mr. Beaubier is not the most ideal spokesperson for impartial statements.

My reason for this correspondence is for a final roster confirmation on the Flight program. Here is the current roster we have on file. Please fill in any that are missing and correct any changes where needed.

Alpha
    James Hudson Codename: Guardian~ Field Co-leader/Lead Technologist/Founder
    Heather Hudson Codename: Vindicator~ Field Co-leader
    Jean-Paul Beaubier Codename: Northstar
    Jeanne-Marie Beaubier Codename: Aurora
    Walter Langowski Codename: Sasquatch ~ Lead Scientist
    Narya Codename: Snowbird
    Michael Twoyoungmen Codename: Shaman ~ Supernatural Expert
    Elizabeth Twoyoungmen Codename: Talisman (recently promoted)
    Eugene Judd Codename: Puck (recently promoted)
    Marrina Smallwood Codename: NA (recently promoted)
    Madison Jeffries Codename: Box (recently promoted)
    Roger Bochs (deceased)

Beta
    Lillian Crawley Codename: Diamond Lil
    (Update Needed)

Gamma
    Kara Killgrave Codename: Persuasion
    (Current recruitment underway)

Be well,
    Captain Byrne

Alright, what the heck; I'm game!

Code Name: Jack Rabbit

Biography:
    Jacqueline “Jackie” Chong lived outside of Victoria with her wealthy Asian parents growing up. She was a wrestling champion in high school despite her small size; also a big ACDC fan. Jackie took a trip to Quebec City with some high-school friends right after graduation, a trip paid for by her parents. They stayed on an estate that had previously been owned by a wealthy Irish family for generations. She discovered a hidden room, and inside was a hovering white and green ball of glowing and crackling energy. Jackie touched it, and blacked out. When she awoke, there was a tiny voice that only she could hear, speaking in an Irish accent to her. It directed her to a brown and green pouch on a belt. When she buckled it on, the voice instructed her in its use, as well as explaining to her about choosing a costume. Now, whenever she buckles on the magical pouch, she becomes the crime fighter Jack Rabbit; her costume appears on her as soon as she puts it on.

Appearance:
    The 19-year-old Jackie is 5’1” in height, has brown eyes, and straight black hair of shoulder length. Asian.

Costume:
    Whenever she buckles on her magical pouch, her costume appears on her; black one-piece bathing suit, bleached white denim jacket, green eye mask. Her legs become white, furry rabbit legs, granting her leaping abilities.

Powers:
    As Jack Rabbit, Jackie can;
    (1) Cast misdirection glamours, allowing her to do several things; she can make herself or somebody else appear to be several paces away from where they actually are (making hitting said person most frustrating), or make a wall appear to have a doorway in it (or make an actual doorway appear to disappear).
    (2) Throw her voice.
    (3) Leap significant distances.
    (4) Draw magical items out of her pouch; (a) a magical pebble that explodes when thrown, (b) small jack-o-lanterns that create a giant cloud of smoke when thrown (can throw one at her own feet and then leap away under cover of the smokescreen, or throw one into the battle to confuse or hide), (c) a four-leaf clover, which will immobilize an opponent for one minute if she touches it to their bare skin. (d) The magical pouch also has a never-ending supply of chewing gum; no apparent reason known.
    (5) Become quite annoyed with the tiny Irish voice that natters away at her nearly non-stop.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Alright, what the heck; I'm game!

The magical pouch also has a never-ending supply of chewing gum; no apparent reason known.
    J'adore! I'm SO picturing a manga version of the bunny in the Donnie Darko movie!

Can't say as I've seen Donnie Darko. In fact, fairly certain I haven't.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Well, I count 3 and I did say that was the minimum I'd start with. I'll aim to get the first post up this weekend.

Annnnd no posts after 2 weeks lol. I'll give it till Sunday and close up the thread is no one else posts. I just discovered Champions Online anyway.

If people are still interested I would happily join. I'll need time to think up a character, but I could. If this really does feel dead in the water I can pretend I never posted anything and let it die if that is what is wanted

I don't think I'll have time to do it now. I'm starting on my own prose or graphic novel this week starring my very own Canadian super hero! So that will take up most of my time along with job searching.

No big, I figured you were ready to let it go which was why I asked before comign up with the best character known to man that Marvel would contact me and ask for rights to use.

Sorry DaVeO, but life came calling and I had to answer. Plus, I just didn't visit here for a while, until just recently again.

Oh! I remember we had a short lived Alpha Flight RPG back in yahoo groups! We didn't have enough people updating to continue it, though. I was RPing Wildchild and Diamond Lil.

At the time, the set up was that we were starting where the book started, and characters were to be depicted in-character and make choices logical for them at the time. This did not mean that we had to follow the events or later characterizations in the book, though. For example, Byrne's Wildchild has bouts of sudden aggression or insanity that can be triggered, but that does not make him 'evil'. Weather he would continue a descent into madness or find some sort of redemption would be entirely up to the scenarios set up by the person running the group and how others play their characters in relation to him.

It's a shame the RP ended just as we were getting the hang of it. I bet it still exists, too.

*edit*
    Damn, looks like it did get deleted...
    Last edited by EccentricSage; 08-14-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Nice to see this thread inching toward an RPG. Some interest is better than none and I'd love to see it get off to a running start.

I'm claiming Wildchild - a character biography will come soon.