Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: alpha flight returns in chaos war!!!

Speaking of how fans will react to certain things put out by Marvel, after last week's column when you'd spoken on Alpha Flight being dead, there were more than a few people who felt kind of burned on the boards only to have you announce the expected "Alpha Flight" book as a Chaos War tie-in by Jim McCann and Reilly Brown.
    Brevoort: We like to keep our readers on their toes here at T & A.
    As was revealed earlier this week, the Alpha Flight project that we're doing is "Dead Alpha Flight" much like the "Dead Avengers" series we announced previously, both of which connect to the Chaos War storyline that Mark Paniccia and his group are heading up. So the fact that they're dead has not stopped them from having a book and appearing in print to baffle and befuddle us. [Laughs] The idea came from Mark and the creators who've been working on the "Chaos War" event – Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente and the rest – finding an opportunity where an Alpha Flight project would make sense within the context of what was going on. It gives us a chance to test the waters. If the teeming throngs of Alpha Flight fans that were ready to string us up last week go out and support this little project, maybe that will grease the wheels a little bit for a larger Alpha Flight series of one sort or another.

Hey, rplass...

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly Brown
    Obviously I was going to give Northstar pointy ears-- I love little character details like that (and Angel should have the chin-dimple, not Cyclops!). Thanks for pointing out that Aurora has them too-- I can't say for sure that I've ever noticed her ears, but since they're twins that kind of makes sense.
    I think I like this guy.

Looking at the portfolio, I have no problem with the artist chosen.

DIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    I think I like this guy.
    Where's the Reilly Brown quote from Suzene?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Where's the Reilly Brown quote from Suzene?
    The comment section of his DA journal. I went over, fangirled a bit, and asked about the possibility of pointy ears. Because they are important, dammit!
    Last edited by suzene; 08-21-2010 at 05:53 AM.

I sense a presence. A presence I haven't felt since 1994.

Wow..Mr Brevoort really knows how to irritate me.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Speaking of how fans will react to certain things put out by Marvel, after last week's column when you'd spoken on Alpha Flight being dead, there were more than a few people who felt kind of burned on the boards only to have you announce the expected "Alpha Flight" book as a Chaos War tie-in by Jim McCann and Reilly Brown.
    As was revealed earlier this week, the Alpha Flight project that we're doing is "Dead Alpha Flight" much like the "Dead Avengers" series we announced previously, both of which connect to the Chaos War storyline that Mark Paniccia and his group are heading up. So the fact that they're dead has not stopped them from having a book and appearing in print to baffle and befuddle us. [Laughs] The idea came from Mark and the creators who've been working on the "Chaos War" event – Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente and the rest – finding an opportunity where an Alpha Flight project would make sense within the context of what was going on. It gives us a chance to test the waters. If the teeming throngs of Alpha Flight fans that were ready to string us up last week go out and support this little project, maybe that will grease the wheels a little bit for a larger Alpha Flight series of one sort or another.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post

Dana
    He practices.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post

Dana
    I heard that he has a "I heart irritating Dana" mug in his office but no one at Marvel knows who this "Dana" is...

Where's the fuming mad smiley?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Here is the next question/quote which I think is relevant.

One of the things you both spoke about during our first T&A call was the idea that when you both started working together to look at the entire Marvel line, you had a selection of properties that had fallen a bit by the wayside that you wanted to try and reinvigorate. I don't know if it's too early to get into some of that, but I wanted to ask after where you're at in that process. Are there some things that have come closer to fruition in that discussion because it feels to me that there's not an awful lot from Marvel history that's entirely off the table these days?
    Alonso: While we've talked about a few beloved B and C-list characters, we're also hunting bigger fish.
    Brevoort: This is going to be an ongoing process. Part of that process is that we don't want to rush things. If we think there's a concept that has some genuine potential in it, and that over the years, it's not quite caught on or has been allowed to tarnish or been mishandled, or just not come together in the proper way, we want to give those ideas the best possible kickoff that we can. We need to make sure that the project we launch with is the right pitch, the right approach and the right creative team – the right everything!
    We're having another creative retreat in a week, and we'll be talking about a couple of these properties fairly extensively there to see if the groundwork we've laid down will bear fruit over the next year. Or we may back away from certain things momentarily, much as we did with Thor when we couldn't get the creative team that we wanted. It was better to wait for the point that we did have a team and a situation we were comfortable with, and that really paid off. So we're following that same approach with the other three, four or five characters Axel and I have earmarked as potentially perennial parts of the Marvel publishing plan or the Marvel Universe in general. We're going to get to them all when the time is right. It's just not going to be machine gun fast.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

This is going to kick a lot of ass. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    The walls have ears. >_>

But I think that's just what happens when you get a writer who is genuinely passionate about a character/team, who's just as much a fan as anything. This is such fantastic news. XD
    alphaflight.net is a comprehensive and well polished website. If McCann needed help on characters, he could find it here.