Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Article: Marvel Premier Classics X-Men: Alpha Flight HC

Long been my issue with Forbidden Planet. I like to go into a store and chat about comics to assistants who know what they are talking about. Seng described it as very super market.

Still, can't fault the HC, got the #109 cover.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Ah. It wasn't like that when I went there.

- Le Messor
    "If I were a good man, I'd understand the spaces between friends."
    ~ Roger Waters

Don't get me wrong, it has everything a comics fan could want. It probably does comics more good as being in such a prime location it pulls in passing punters just window shopping. I just like my LCS. Been going there for nearly 30 years, The owner is more of a friend and his manager Paul has shared many a rowdy evening with me. Also their knowledge of comics lends itself to hours of conversation.

Images

I understand what you mean; of the two in town, one of them feels small and homey, the other is very supermarket.
    I've only been to Forbidden Planet once, and that was many years ago. It didn't fit that description then, but I have no reason to believe it doesn't now.

- Le Messor
    "If I tried something big, I'd change. And then it's all black hair and veins and lightning bolts. I can hardly do a locator spell without getting dark roots."
    ~ Willow

I have to say, the stores I've spent the most amount of money in over the years, be it comic, book or record, have been independant stores where I know the shopkeepers names and they know mine, they stop and chat and make you feel welcome.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I have to say, the stores I've spent the most amount of money in over the years, be it comic, book or record, have been independant stores where I know the shopkeepers names and they know mine, they stop and chat and make you feel welcome.
    Yeah, I love that.
    (Oh, I get it from both my LCSs, by the way... just one feels too clean. If that makes sense.)

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

I just picked this up from the Toronto library, will read it after I'm done with Swamp Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
    I just picked this up from the Toronto library, will read it after I'm done with Swamp Thing.
    Wait a minute...what are you doing with Swamp Thing?!? I hope you aren't making him do mundane chores around your house...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Looks like this is getting a softcover reprint later in the year:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1302900250

Images

That'd be the second softcover, then. All the Marvel Premiere Classics seemed to have softcover versions, didn't they?

It's the first one, they've just taken a while to get round to it!

Images

I might be getting confused between the first softcover and the other hardcover. They definitely all had two hardcover editions!

~ Le Messor
    "Everyone is brilliant some of the time, and no one is that way all the time."
    ~ Kathleen Cushmes

Yeah, the Standard and the Direct Market variant were both HC's.