Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me which comics character this is and what issue/title it's from?

Heather Hudson Fan First Flight

Default Can anyone tell me which comics character this is and what issue/title it's from?

I think it's the Hulk, and I think it's from an old issue of 'Wolverine', but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know?

Name:  smile..jpg
Views: 204
Size:  6.2 KB
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

At a guess it's Cyber from Wolverine:Origins.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Is that somebody's avatar? I am without clue, btw. I'd guess Venom, but that's only because of black and teeth. They aren't even the right eyes or teeth.

- Le Messor
    "I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans."
    ~ Xander

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    At a guess it's Cyber from Wolverine:Origins.
    I don't know if it's from WOLVERINE: ORIGINS... but it certainly looks like how Cyber was drawn in Wolverine's original ongoing series thing...
    But hard to tell being shadowed as much as he (the picture) is.

It looks familiar, but I don't know where it's from.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I don't know if it's from WOLVERINE: ORIGINS... but it certainly looks like how Cyber was drawn in Wolverine's original ongoing series thing...
    But hard to tell being shadowed as much as he (the picture) is.
    It reminds me of a panel in W:O but I'm at work so don't have the issue to hand.
    One of the earlier issues where Cyber is just about to take/has just taken over a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    It reminds me of a panel in W:O but I'm at work so don't have the issue to hand.
    One of the earlier issues where Cyber is just about to take/has just taken over a new body.
    Cyber came back after having his flesh eaten by those things?
    Wow. Anyone can come back these days...!

Images

I've just flipped through W:O 11-15, where Cyber spends a lot of time looking like eyes and teeth on a black background, and unless it's pretty severely doctored, it's not any of them.

- Le Messor
    "I can see you standing over a hot stove, but I can't see the stove "
    ~ Groucho in Duck Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I've just flipped through W:O 11-15, where Cyber spends a lot of time looking like eyes and teeth on a black background, and unless it's pretty severely doctored, it's not any of them.

- Le Messor
    "I can see you standing over a hot stove, but I can't see the stove "
    ~ Groucho in Duck Soup
    That's why I think it's part of the original Wolverine series (well the ongoing one where he was "Patch")...

I can almost swear I remember seeing it there... but the thing is... I no longer own those issues to see if that's where it's from.

I suppose you could PM the person who is using it as an avatar (if that's where you got it)?

Isn't it from the Wolverine story arc in which Cyber comes back from the dead, but in the body of a severely mentally handicapped mutant who, although physically powerful in practically every way, suffered from a weak heart? Cyber forced some scientific genius villain to reinstall his adamantium skin so he could go after Wolverine, however, when they fought, he suffered a massive heart attack. To save his life Logan had the genius villain implant a pacemaker in his chest.
    Last edited by Legerd; 12-04-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Isn't it from the Wolverine story arc in which Cyber comes back from the dead, but in the body of a severely mentally handicapped mutant who, although physically powerful in practically every way, suffered from a weak heart? Cyber forced some scientific genius villain to reinstall his adamantium skin so he could go after Wolverine, however, when they fought, he suffered a massive heart attack. To save his life Logan had the genius villain implant a pacemaker in his chest.
    Er. How did a kid with such a weak heart... uh, survive the process of admantium? Wolverine, in peek physical form - with a healing factor - barely survived said process?

Er - well you did say SKIN - not bones. Perhaps that's how. Different process?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Er. How did a kid with such a weak heart... uh, survive the process of admantium? Wolverine, in peek physical form - with a healing factor - barely survived said process?
    Don't ask me, I didn't write the story I'm just repeating it.

Don't ask me, I didn't write the story I'm just repeating it.

Best. Response. Evah!

Images

Isn't it from the Wolverine story arc in which Cyber comes back from the dead, but in the body of a severely mentally handicapped mutant who, although physically powerful in practically every way, suffered from a weak heart?
    That's Wolverine: Origins 11-15, which is what I checked.

- Le Messor
    "I can tell you in two words: im possible."
    ~ Samuel Goldwyn