Thread: Edit Problems?

Default Edit Problems?

Im trying to update some entries from the information we have gotten from the recent handbooks, but when I try to save my changes it says "Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in." Ive tried multiple times

Any help?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I just did a test and got the same message. (I don't edit our wiki anyway, and what I tried to add would've been vandalism, but it was just a test.)

Um... that's not helpful is it?

- Le Messor
    "I heard it, too."
    "Of course you heard it too! What's that mean?"
    - Gremlins 2

It is, because it's not just me with the problem :P

Just posting the updated entry so I don't lose it....

{{Hero|
    image=[[Image:Saint_elmo.jpg ]]
    |character_name=Saint Elmo
    |real_name=Unrevealed: possibly Erasmus or Elmo
    |debut=Alpha Flight Special #1, 1992
    |affiliations=[[The Flight]]
    |past_affiliations=none
    |status=Deceased
    |aliases=Keeper of the Northern Lights, Arctic Avatar
    |relatives=None
    |height=6'5"
    |weight=425lbs.
    |eyes=Blue
    |hair=Red
    |}}

==History==
    Allegedly millenia old and immortal, St.Elmo may be the apotheosized St.Erasmus, aka St.Elmo, martyred in 303 AD and made the patron saint of sailors, for whom St.Elmo's fire is named; it has also been speculated that he hails from one of Earth's godly pantheons or other superhuman races. How he came to the attention of [[Guardian I|James Hudson]], or how he was recruited into the Canadian government-sponsored super-team, [[The Flight]] - precursor to [[Alpha Flight]] is a mystery.

Saint Elmo has described himself as the 'Keeper of the Northern Lights', and had considered himself to be a god. He was very skilled in the use of his powers, often during training sessions, taking it apon himself to challenge fellow trainees to a three-against-one match, proving his ego. Saint Elmo has also claimed that he was old when the world was young, but there is very little evidence to support this claim.

The status of [[The Flight]] and her new members were first revealed to the world when the American powerbroker [[Egghead]] threatened to fire a nuclear missile at New York city while operating from inside the Canadian border [[The Flight]] was called in. [[Egghead]] had hired various criminals to protect his missle, including [[Solarr]], [[Porcupine]], [[Swordsman]], [[Power Man]], [[Eel]] and [[Rhino]]. The villians were eventually subdued by the team, while [[Smart Alec]] had deactivated the guidance system on the nuclear missile, but had triggered it's detonation sequence in the process, one of the failsafe measures [[Egghead]] had planned just in case.

New York City was now safe, however everyone in the immediate area was in danger. To prevent a disaster, Saint Elmo transfigured the missile's atomic energy into light, absorbed the missile's mass into himself, surpassing his physical abilities. Realising that he was going to die, Saint Elmo was strangly at ease with his fate, telling his team-mates to carry on in his memory, before errupting in a brilliant blast of pure light, averting a nuclear explosion.<sup>1</sup>

==Footnotes==
    <sup>1</sup> Alpha Flight Special, 1992

==Powers/Abilities==
    '''Experience:''' Beliing himself to be a god, Saint Elmo has claimed that he was 'old when the world was young'. This claim had not been substantiated.

'''Strength:''' Saint Elmo could press 10 tons.

'''Transillumination:''' Saint Elmo had the ability to transform his body and anything he was in physical contact with into a form of coherent light. In this state...Saint Elmo could fly, phase through solid objects and absorb other forms of light into himself, including material he had transilluminated. The limit of the amount of light he could absorb was proportionate to the mass of the object being transilluminated, and had severe difficulties absorbing anything over a given size. While this limit had never been clarified, it is assumed to be in the range of ten metric tonnes (about the size of a nuclear ballistic missle).

[[Category:Alpha Flight]]

I'm gonna try to reinstall the wiki software and work this issue out.

Did you ever manage to work out what was up with this, or is it gonna take a whole reinstall at some point?

It's looking like a whole reinstall, since I'm planning on updating the website software not too far down the road, and the integration script between the wiki and the site software has been rewritten to work with newer site software, my thinking is to back up the wiki database, update the site software, install the newest wiki software and integration script, then import the database.

Are links likely to change between the updates or will the urls/filenames stay the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    It's looking like a whole reinstall, since I'm planning on updating the website software not too far down the road, and the integration script between the wiki and the site software has been rewritten to work with newer site software, my thinking is to back up the wiki database, update the site software, install the newest wiki software and integration script, then import the database.
    Yeah, that's what I would do to. It's a what now
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Links shouldn't change in any way

Images

Links shouldn't change in any way
    Oh, good. That's the worst part of changes like this, all the broken links.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lynxlynx..gif 
Views:	201 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	1109

- Le Messor
    "Home was quite a place when people stayed there."
    ~ E.B. Hawke

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px-Lynx_lynx_p&.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	1110
    No Links were harmed in the making of this web site.

What is the nature of the update to the website software? I thought we just updated it!

Also how much is this gonna cost us?

Also can we offer some new requirements for your consideration? I'd love to be able to be able to offer input for new site features given the opportunity during a site upgrade.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

There is no cost. Once the license is purchased all updates are free. It's just improvements to the software, ironing out bugs, increased security ect. As for suggestions, I'm always glad to hear 'em!

Updates just take some time, and require a certain amont of down time, that with the current level of activity, I don't want to take the site down.

Images

No Links were harmed in the making of this web site.
    Not in the making, no... There's a few broken ones after the last changeover.
    If they mattered, people would've noticed them by now, though (I've fixed the ones I've noticed).

- Le Messor
    "It is human nature to think wisely and act in an absurd fashion."
    ~ Le Messor