Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

Hybrid View

I wouldn't mind seeing a team based on villains or even a Weapon X style thing, because then AF could cut loose and kick there sorry *ss*s back to the Stone Age.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Holy Carp! Who could be on a new government team and as adversaries to Alpha Flight? Especially, if Van Lente/Pak and Co. are trying to stick with Byrne-created content?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

From Comic Vine's coverage of the Cup O'Joe Panel at C2E2:
    What will happen with Northstar now that Alpha Flight is coming back? He'll be on both Alpha Flight and the X-Men.

On Diamond's June Solicits it lists Alpha Flight #1 as being $3.99 and #1 of 7. Isn't it an eight issue maxi-series, or is the .1 issue being lumped in? Also, will all the books be priced at $4, or is it just the first issue? Not that I won't buy them, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    On Diamond's June Solicits it lists Alpha Flight #1 as being $3.99 and #1 of 7. Isn't it an eight issue maxi-series, or is the .1 issue being lumped in? Also, will all the books be priced at $4, or is it just the first issue? Not that I won't buy them, just wondering.
    Yeah...I could have sworn there to be nine issues total (including .1).

Dana

The original quote from the press conference was:
    At the moment, the series is slotted for 8 issues — with a special Point One issue illustrated by Ben Oliver out in May.

"I imagine, that if there is enough audience demand, there will be a ninth and subsequent issue," Van Lente said.
    At the time I presumed that meant 8 issues plus a 0.1, but reading it now it definitely looks to be a 0.1 plus 7 issues.

As to the price; these days all Marvel first issues are $3.99 with most 2nd's going down to $2.99 BUT with this being specifically launched with the careful phrasing of Maxi-series, it could well all be $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    At the time I presumed that meant 8 issues plus a 0.1, but reading it now it definitely looks to be a 0.1 plus 7 issues.

As to the price; these days all Marvel first issues are $3.99 with most 2nd's going down to $2.99 BUT with this being specifically launched with the careful phrasing of Maxi-series, it could well all be $3.99.
    I thought the same as you, Phil (from the info in the original quote). What's with Marvel putting Alpha Flight into odd numbered mini/maxi-series? Omega had 5 issues, now Alpha's new maxi has 7? it should be a nice round number, like 8, 10 or even 12.

Dana

From FVL on twitter:
    Alpha Flight #1 should be the only $3.99 one. RT @JonnyMcGarrigle Will the rest of series be 3.99 and extra sized or 2.99 and normal sized?

Cool, thanks for posting that.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

From FVL on twitter:
    Quote Originally Posted by FVL
    Alpha Flight #1 should be the only $3.99 one. RT @JonnyMcGarrigle Will the rest of series be 3.99 and extra sized or 2.99 and normal sized?
    The rest will be $15.99?

- Le Messor
    "I took a course in speed reading and was able to read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It's about Russia."
    ~ Woody Allen

Yes...$15.99 is the going rate for a quality Alpha Flight comic.

Dana

Pity -- he's wasted there, and I fear Gillen will follow Fraction's lead in regards to characterization.

Northstar being on more than one team makes more sense than Wolverine being on three to four teams, any day of the week.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Northstar being on more than one team makes more sense than Wolverine being on three to four teams, any day of the week.

Dana
    Of course, but I'd rather him be on one team where he's written well, than two teams where the poorer characterization is going to be the more visible of the two.

I'd love to see the original Omega Flight as the new Gov't ops with maybe the brain patterns of Jaxon in the robot formerly known as Delphine. What better way to strike "fear itself" in Guardian and Vindicator than to have the man who (sort of) killed Mac first and the person/robot who kidnapped Heather and then impersonated her dead husband. The only problem is that I think only Wild Child is still alive from that original group... unless the new writer is somehow able to revive them as well.

DIGGER