Thread: Wishlist for the new Alpha Flight maxi...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Namor didn't even attempt to help her, choosing instead to kill her, rip her head off, and throw it through Osborn's window. Granted that Emma said she couldn't sense Marrina's mind in the monster, but to not even question if she could be saved, and just killing her? And even if that was a mercy I still question how much Namor could have loved her as he mutilated her body, and threw her severed head through a window as a message to the bad guy! Her reaction to that is what I'd like to see followed up on.
    I do always seem to default to Marrina's original death, especially with so many fractors in the Osborn/Namor confrontation, which always includes, "How do we really know that was the true Marrina?" I do think Namor's beliefs on death need to be examined. He may not consider it quite possible for Marrina to be resurrected as the same soul. Namor does not have the readers' knowledge that an alive Marrina has been kicking around for so long, mostly in the Master's clutches.
    Your post troggered an interesting thought tho...Namor relying on Emma's report is a bit risky as Emma obviously would not mind smelling like fish and might just try to keep competition at bay. (And Emma is SO not Namor's type that I have found the reciprocated flirtation to be incredulous.)
    Last edited by kozzi24; 03-31-2011 at 03:23 AM.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.