Poll: Who will be the betrayer in Vol.4?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the betrayer in Vol.4?

Hybrid View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Killspree

A loopy government would probably think this operative "perfect". Probably has no real ties to AF, but you never know.

Are there any good public officials @ "H"? I hope so. {ahem "Frank Hulme"}
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Mac leading the Gov't on the hunt for Alpha Flight. Wow. Not sure Mac and Heather's marriage would recover after that. You think Fear Itself will prey on Mac's reluctance and lack of confidence to lead AF?

Wait a sec, FVL did say this will be the first time we really see Alpha Flight work together for an extended period. So I have to say i don't think it will be any of the originals. I also can't imagine it will be Talisman, I don't recall her ever having any real love for the gov't. Especially in the Omega Flight mini.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
    Mac leading the Gov't on the hunt for Alpha Flight. Wow. Not sure Mac and Heather's marriage would recover after that. You think Fear Itself will prey on Mac's reluctance and lack of confidence to lead AF?
    I never really understood the lack of confidence thing with Mac. His own government sent him to retrieve Wolverine as his very first mission. Wolverine. His own government.
    And Mac knocked him out.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I never really understood the lack of confidence thing with Mac. His own government sent him to retrieve Wolverine as his very first mission. Wolverine. His own government.
    And Mac knocked him out.
    It makes sense...Mac nearly killed Moira (a civilian) on that first mission (he even felt he failed with Logan, because Logan left), He thought Marrina was ready for Alpha Flight and she nearly killed Puck, He misjudged whether Aurora/Jeanne Marie's MPD would be a liability to the team and he didn't let her team-mates (or even her brother) know about her problem and he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12) when Omega Flight ambushes them, then he is killed trying to disable his suit.

Sounds like a recipe for a lack of confidence stew to me.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Wolverine. And Mac knocked him out.
    As Dana's about to tell you, the problem is Wolverine's not the only one he knocked out. And that's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    ...he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12)...
    The rest I agree with, but as you point out immediately after this one he was a bit busy being dead to stew in unconfidence.

Needs more salt.
    And neuro-peptides.

- Le Messor
    Buffy: I think we need to get him some fresh blood.
    Willow: Do you want me to kill Anya?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

It makes sense...Mac nearly killed Moira (a civilian) on that first mission (he even felt he failed with Logan, because Logan left), He thought Marrina was ready for Alpha Flight and she nearly killed Puck, He misjudged whether Aurora/Jeanne Marie's MPD would be a liability to the team and he didn't let her team-mates (or even her brother) know about her problem and he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12) when Omega Flight ambushes them, then he is killed trying to disable his suit.

Dana
    Excellent points, especially the Moira incident. Very valid. Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend. The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.

I've never really understood why Alpha Flight was so close to imploding either, but I don't want this POLL thread to concern itself with that. I think Dana has explained it so I can understand Mac's ambivalence a bit better.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 04-05-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: edit

...once upon a time.

Images

Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend.
    I agree there.

The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.
    The oft-forgotten Influencer seemed to be Roxxon's thing, not Canada's.
    Delphine makes a reference to 'Excellent, the Influencer is working perfectly'.

- Le Messor
    "I think, therefore I am. I think."

Excellent points, especially the Moira incident. Very valid. Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend. The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.

I've never really understood why Alpha Flight was so close to imploding either, but I don't want this POLL thread to concern itself with that. I think Dana has explained it so I can understand Mac's ambivalence a bit better.
    Giddy or not about his first mission to go after Wolverine, he also failed in it. Alpha Flight failed again to obtain Logan when they ambushed the X-Men in Calgary. He also probably feels he failed with Beta and Gamma Flights (who became Omega)...He doesn't know that Delphine and Jaxon were using some device to "influence" the Omegans. I mentioned the "leading Alpha into a trap" and his death, he must remember all of that...He was perfectly conscious up until his suit blew.

Failing to re-obtain Wolverine twice and his perceived failure with the other tiers of Department H must weigh on him (added to the other weights I mentioned in the other post).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Um. How about a certain associate of AF named "Cody"...?...

He'd certainly fit the bill as The Betrayer...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Um. How about a certain associate of AF named "Cody"...?...
    ... and considering what he now does for a living, he certainly has some kind of government job.

- Le Messor
    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    ~ Robert Frost, from The Road Not Taken

"Two roads diverged in a wood And I -
    I chose to climb the nearest tree
    And that has made all the difference."
    ~ Anonymous, after Robert Frost

What am I missing. Where is this Gary Cody news?

Like I said, some government official is going to get wasted....if Im reading into this right, its going to be Cody or someone close to him. Maybe they pull a Maxwell Lord and after the events of Chaos War- Fear Itself, no one remembers what really happened to Gary Cody

I found the Cody news. I want Gentry back. He was the brother to the PMs wife. Cody being PM does put a twist to it, backstabbing Judas

Is it REALLY Gary Cody, or is it somebody masquerading as him...

(maybe this is the body Puck uses to get out of hell in! lol)
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

But Puck is in the pic with Sasquatch. Alot of stuff is going to be revealed from their death/ Omega Flight formation til now. Im so excited

Yeah, nowhere does it state that it's GARY Cody.
    A vengeful relation would have reason to turn the country against AF.

BUT there's still a betrayer from within the team, according to interviews.

And the Puck is merely a warm-up sketch, it says "in case we ever use him" although I think that's a hint.