Poll: Who will be the betrayer in Vol.4?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the betrayer in Vol.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I never really understood the lack of confidence thing with Mac. His own government sent him to retrieve Wolverine as his very first mission. Wolverine. His own government.
    And Mac knocked him out.
    It makes sense...Mac nearly killed Moira (a civilian) on that first mission (he even felt he failed with Logan, because Logan left), He thought Marrina was ready for Alpha Flight and she nearly killed Puck, He misjudged whether Aurora/Jeanne Marie's MPD would be a liability to the team and he didn't let her team-mates (or even her brother) know about her problem and he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12) when Omega Flight ambushes them, then he is killed trying to disable his suit.

Sounds like a recipe for a lack of confidence stew to me.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Wolverine. And Mac knocked him out.
    As Dana's about to tell you, the problem is Wolverine's not the only one he knocked out. And that's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    ...he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12)...
    The rest I agree with, but as you point out immediately after this one he was a bit busy being dead to stew in unconfidence.

Needs more salt.
    And neuro-peptides.

- Le Messor
    Buffy: I think we need to get him some fresh blood.
    Willow: Do you want me to kill Anya?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

It makes sense...Mac nearly killed Moira (a civilian) on that first mission (he even felt he failed with Logan, because Logan left), He thought Marrina was ready for Alpha Flight and she nearly killed Puck, He misjudged whether Aurora/Jeanne Marie's MPD would be a liability to the team and he didn't let her team-mates (or even her brother) know about her problem and he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12) when Omega Flight ambushes them, then he is killed trying to disable his suit.

Dana
    Excellent points, especially the Moira incident. Very valid. Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend. The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.

I've never really understood why Alpha Flight was so close to imploding either, but I don't want this POLL thread to concern itself with that. I think Dana has explained it so I can understand Mac's ambivalence a bit better.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 04-05-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: edit
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Images

Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend.
    I agree there.

The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.
    The oft-forgotten Influencer seemed to be Roxxon's thing, not Canada's.
    Delphine makes a reference to 'Excellent, the Influencer is working perfectly'.

- Le Messor
    "I think, therefore I am. I think."

Also there was the death of St Elmo & Groundhog's quitting to add to Mac's confidence. If we're counting retcons that is.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    ... & Groundhog's quitting...
    More the reasons for the quitting than the quitting itself.
    Also, whatever happened to Stitch could've added to it.

- Le Messor
    Calvin: By the time we add an introduction, a few illustrations, and a conclusion, it will look like a graduate thesis. Besides, I've got a secret weapon that will guarantee a good grade! No teacher can resist this! A clear plastic binder! Pretty professional looking, eh?
    Hobbes: I don't want co-author credit on this, OK?

Excellent points, especially the Moira incident. Very valid. Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend. The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.

I've never really understood why Alpha Flight was so close to imploding either, but I don't want this POLL thread to concern itself with that. I think Dana has explained it so I can understand Mac's ambivalence a bit better.
    Giddy or not about his first mission to go after Wolverine, he also failed in it. Alpha Flight failed again to obtain Logan when they ambushed the X-Men in Calgary. He also probably feels he failed with Beta and Gamma Flights (who became Omega)...He doesn't know that Delphine and Jaxon were using some device to "influence" the Omegans. I mentioned the "leading Alpha into a trap" and his death, he must remember all of that...He was perfectly conscious up until his suit blew.

Failing to re-obtain Wolverine twice and his perceived failure with the other tiers of Department H must weigh on him (added to the other weights I mentioned in the other post).

Dana

He also probably feels he failed with Beta and Gamma Flights (who became Omega)...He doesn't know that Delphine and Jaxon were using some device to "influence" the Omegans. I mentioned the "leading Alpha into a trap" and his death, he must remember all of that...He was perfectly conscious up until his suit blew.
    I never thought about that, but you're probably right. He would think, other than Bochs, that all the Betans/Gammans didn't just dislike him, but hated him enough to turn on and kill him.

How come this poll doesn't have the choice "Me" ?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

FP?...I-it can't be...Y-you're the betrayer?! Get him!

Dana

Images

Everybody dog pile on FP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I never thought about that, but you're probably right. He would think, other than Bochs, that all the Betans/Gammans didn't just dislike him, but hated him enough to turn on and kill him.
    Well, other than Bochs and Madison.
    Never fully got why he 'knows' that Bochs wasn't evil. Well, I know why Mac knows, but why everybody else knows when Mac died before telling anyone.
    The fact that Bochs was tied up... maybe. But the bad guys could've done that to absolve him - Bochs could possibly have done it himself. He's one of the few characters who could do super-powered shenanigans while tied up.

FP, we trusted you!

- LM
    "I think, therefore I am paid."

For shame! Shame on you all! (luckily for you, I have an off-panel death scene set up for issue 8, right after Mac is revealed to be a killer cyborg with the brain of Galactus, and every single Marvel character stops by to say how much they are going to enjoy having an Avengers North, and Wolverine acts like he doesn't even know Alpha Flight - good times!).
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I was tempted to put Scott Lobdell as a choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I was tempted to put Scott Lobdell as a choice...
    To obvious, plus he's betrayed them before, AF#106 ( ) and Vol 3. Do they have the three strikes rule in Canada?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Do they have the three strikes rule in Canada?
    Yes. But in the Canadian version of this law, after your third strike you get a hug from a Member of Parliament and a coupon for a free coffee and donut at Tim Horton's.