Poll: Who will be the betrayer in Vol.4?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the betrayer in Vol.4?

I think I've figured out who the betrayer is!

From all the clues that FVL has given us, I think the betrayer is: a new, male personality of Aurora's.
    Last edited by Legerd; 04-21-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Canada's Top Superhero New Recruit

I... actually get free coffee and donuts at Tim's. Crap, am I the Betrayer?

That being said, I had to vote the last option. I love the original AF characters and I'd rather not see any of them turn their back on us.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMountie View Post
    ...I had to vote the last option. I love the original AF characters and I'd rather not see any of them turn their back on us.
    I agree, whole-heartedly.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I now believe it to be Northstar.

We know it's a male member. With the X-Men he would seem to have found a place where he feels comfortable, he has his sister with him etc. Now Alpha are back he could see that world disappearing. Aurora drifting away from him towards the team and Sas. Given his background he would be the least likely, so by law of averages...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't think so.
    I think JP would be too obvious a choice given his past, his ties to the X-Men, his boyfriend being involved etc.

I reckon Shaman.

(Today anyway...)

I'm gonna stick with Northstar for now, likely to change again at some point . He's the one with the least connections to Alpha, Aurora/Sas, Shaman/Snowbird, Mac/Heather and Marrina would just be happy to be back and with Alpha. If Cody gave Northstar the right incentive then I can see how he would relcutantly agree to lead 'Alpha Strike'.

Or Not
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yeah, I just think he's too obvious.

No-one's mentioned Shaman at all so far so it'd be a shock.

My guess (today) to Alpha Strike is it's led by Talisman & Persuasion. Which could be why Shaman turns traitor *shrugs*

Listening to the Podcast doesn't help . The comment about the team splintering just muddies the water. I'm gonna give up trying to figure it, it hurts my head. I just want that issue in my hands A.S.A.P.
    Del

I'm never right about these things.
    I just like to ooh and ahh at the pretty pictures.

Me neither, I don't think I've ever got an Alpha conundrum right. I like you shall just fawn over the pretty pictures [/swoon]
    Del

Well, it has now been mentioned that there is tension between Mac and Heather over their baby. Seems likely that IF the government has their little girl, Heather'd be most likely to do anything said government asked to get her child back; it's a motherly thing, or so i am told.

Ditto for Northstar, if we are right and Purple Woman has absconded his boyfriend.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Motherly thing? You were told wrong. Only moms love their kids, not dads? What?

Yes, you hit a nerve. Dads make great parents too. Some of us are pretty good at it. Go see the movie Taken with Liam Neesom for proof.

If they do write Heather as the caring concerned mom and Mac as the uninterested, distant dad, I'm gonna be quite disappointed.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

From a generalized view, perception is that mothers would probably go further in actions to protect a child. In comics we tend to deal with generalisation more than reality. There's plenty of examples were a father has sacrificed his life to protect that of a child.
    Last edited by DelBubs; 05-06-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Del

I dont think the generalization is correct Dads are just as protective as moms. There are other generalizations in our society that are also wrong and would disappoint many of us if they were portrayed in a comic book .
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Not meaning to touch any nerves here (isn't that a surgeon's job?); we have all heard of a mother's instinct, something ingrained into a woman from carrying a life within her for (up to) nine months.

A father's ability to protect his child at great lengths, would be based more upon something learned, rather than an instinct based mainly upon biology.

It may not ALWAYS hold true, but, in general, it does hold true most of the time. And, yes, i DO know mothers without those instincts (or at least not very strong ones).

NEVER, EVER, was it suggested that this has to do with loving a child more or less. And it was NEVER said by me that only mothers make good parents, either. Let's not find fault by putting words in one's mouth, okay? Again, if i hit a nerve, i am sorry i did so; but i still stand behind what i wrote. And, yes, i AM a loving father of one great girl.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/