Thread: A First Look at Eaglesham's Alpha Flight Pt. 1

Hybrid View

Marrina may not have morphed "all over the place" under Byrne, but she did exhibit slight biological changes. The Plodex race itself could adapt to its surroundings, such as Marrina taking human form. The Plodex in Lake Ontario also seemed to be metamorphing. To me, Byrne opened the door to the possibility with those things. Some post Byrne changes make perfect sense.
    I love almost all of Byrne’s work, but especially on his boards he is more concerned with being right than in making correct statements.
    There is common sense to "why run fast when you can fly faster?" But there is an answer: space. Byrne said "Northstar was just flying close to the ground" in X-Men 121. Didn’t look that way to me. For an Alpha citation of superspeed running by Byrne, how fast did Aurora change clothes in that scene in Walt’s apartment? Should we think she changed clothes while flying indoors? Makes me wonder just how SLOWLY they can fly to stay airborn.
    I think there’s also a shared core of powers to Northstar and Aurora, so I never minded any of the extra abilities Auroradeveloped with the light powers. In AF#1, Byrne established that the light powers can affect the Ems of Guardian’s suit. That opens the door to there being a lot more to the light powers than Byrne explored. They may be twins, but they seemed to develop their powers slightly differently. Aurora developed individual light powers after Byrne’s "mutant alteration" storyline, so it is natural that she could do more varied things with the light.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24 View Post
    For an Alpha citation of superspeed running by Byrne, how fast did Aurora change clothes in that scene in Walt’s apartment? Should we think she changed clothes while flying indoors?
    Why not? Super speed is super speed. Running seems pretty pointless, a lot more work for no real reason.

Makes me wonder just how SLOWLY they can fly to stay airborn.
    As slow as they want. They can even hover if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Why not? Super speed is super speed. Running seems pretty pointless, a lot more work for no real reason.

As slow as they want. They can even hover if they want to.
    Super-speed flight in an apartment would be slower than flight, and allow for navigation.

Are there on-panel references to them hoverig in flight?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Super-speed flight in an apartment would be slower than flight, and allow for navigation.

Are there on-panel references to them hovering in flight?
    From Byrne's era?
    I'm having trouble recalling.

There's this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calvin_hobbes_640&#9.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	879

Thanks to Mokole.

Post shapeshift Marrina had a little more than blisters - sharp pointy teeth, for one thing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knowledge-tim-th&#.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	880, and her musculature seemed to change.

I hope Phil isn't the boy Wonder Twin, because ugh...
    I've read those issues of Titans.

And now I don't read Titans any more.

- Le Messor
    "I stayed in a really old hotel last night. They sent me a wake-up letter."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-30-2011 at 04:40 AM. Reason: This was actually the thread I was looking for.