P
O
I
L
A
G
E

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
anyone else notice agent brown from the omega flight series? pretty cool.
I did!
Kinda. I noticed Agent Brown, but forgot where I knew him from.
I would've totally got away with it, too, if I hadn't just admitted it right here.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurTaffy View Post
- The political analogy is a bit far-fetched, though interesting considering our recent elections.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that side of it.

Good timing, a lot of humour (who would have pictured Snowbird handling parking tickets!)
I loved that bit. At first, I thought 'Do mounties do that?', then I though 'presumably, she just got a different job in a similar field'.

Jean-Paul scenes with Kyle had a nice gradation for anyone who may not know them, with the realization they are a couple only being really apparent on the last page).
Really? I thought it was kinda obvious from the start, but I knew it going in.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
Reviews here.
She's teamed with a heavy named Citadel, one of Marvel's never-ending parade of adamantium experiments turned rogue. He's likely appeared previously and I fell asleep.
I lol'd!

the exception being Guardian's face - too feminine, and his mask makes him look sleepy.

I did not get that at all. Thought it was fine.

Reviews and here .
Why is Persuasion suddenly a villain? Ben Oliver's art ... generally gets the job done... his Sasquatch is comically tiny.
Agreed on both points. I won't be adding Oliver to my list of people who can draw Sasquatch, though he's by no means the worst. (Eaglesham, on the other hand, has made my list! Mwahahah-- wait, I meant that in a good way.)
Also, they did lampshade Kara's switch to the bad side. It came a bit late in the book for me, but it's not like they spent the whole book acting like she'd always been a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
More reviews here
Yeah, I'm not sure the human monster works for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
More reviews and here.
It’s okay if you didn’t read Alpha Flight; not too many people did.
Actually, the original, a lot of people did read it!

Plus, quite honestly, you don’t find many openly homosexual characters-even in current books.
True, unless you read anything with Katrina Dean (but not, oddly enough, her girlfriend in Runaways), Wiccan and Hulkling (Avengers: Children's Crusade), Batwoman (various Bat-books, her own title is supposed to be coming soon), The Question (she's... around somewhere), Rictor and Shatterstar (thanks to Peter David's canon slash in X-Factor or X-Force), Anatole (X-books), Daken (X-books)...
this isn't something I keep track of, so I've probably forgotten examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
I don't think Aurora was trying to liquefy Citadel's adamantium armour, but his flesh and bone hand inside it. Like if you grabbed someone by the head and shook them real hard, you'll injure the brain, but not the skull.
A theory backed up by the artwork. That was what I thought, too.
They never proved I did that, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
Okay, Shaman seemed a little OOC when he talked about punching people out for calling him an Indian, and Marrina calling Citadel "land mollusk" was kinda silly, but overall the writing was great. I liked JP's reaction to being called on by Dept. H, as well as his snide comments to Guardian.
Agreed.
Although, (and this has been discussed elsewhere), the pingers are over-distributed in this issue. Only about three or four of them had them in the original. Shaman and Heather never did, and Northstar had his removed.

All I'll say about Purple Woman and Citadel is one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
If crimefighters fight crime, and firefighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?

character growth can only be a good thing.
Uh, not true.
Also, well done your son. You have taught him well.
But remember to bury your feelings, they can be used against you.

A tad negative methinks.
And I thought we'd been filtering out the negative ones. It's good to see we're not; that means that most of them have been positive.
While I agree that the people monster would be impossible (and that's not a plus of this book for me), I don't care nearly as much as this reviewer does. Also, did he notice that there was a restofthebook? It wasn't twenty pages of just that monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
But anybody (at Dept. H) who thinks putting "ping"-inducing implants in a demi-goddess...
I never got the impression Birdie had one - she was just there the whole time.
Also, Byrne established that they couldn't implant one in her. Not that these guys, frankly, got everything right.

- Le Messor
"I was in a band once..."
~ A Canadian border guard in Suck. Played by Rush's bassist.