Thread: The #0.1 Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Hybrid View

If I can find the link again, I'll post it. The reviewer did comment on the use of French in the middle of a mostly English sentence (as you mention, Phil), but they also bashed the use of French as being inaccurate (to the effect of them not even existing as words). It was a fairly negative review, IIRC.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Whoops! I totally apologize....It was a comment I read on Marvel.com forums, that I was thinking of...Sorry, guys. It was in the 0.1 comment thread...A reader goes a bit mental on the French, saying it was made up and that people also don't use french words in the middle of speaking English (I disagree with him on a technicality...Many of the words we English-speakers use have their origins in French).

http://fans.marvel.com/go/thread/vie...ussionSpoilers

Again, sorry...I totally misremembered it as being a review (in a sense it is a sort of review).
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 06-01-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    It was a comment I read on Marvel.com forums, that I was thinking of...Sorry, guys. It was in the 0.1 comment thread...A reader goes a bit mental on the French, saying it was made up and that people also don't use french words in the middle of speaking English
    I do, and it's hardly my native language.
    I remember one word - no more - that I thought might be misspelled ('j'ai' instead of 'j'ais') but my French isn't that great, and the spelling mistake is probably mine.

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I’ve been traded to Cincinnati."

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Whoops! I totally apologize....It was a comment I read on Marvel.com forums, that I was thinking of...Sorry, guys. It was in the 0.1 comment thread...A reader goes a bit mental on the French, saying it was made up and that people also don't use french words in the middle of speaking English (I disagree with him on a technicality...Many of the words we English-speakers use have their origins in French).

http://fans.marvel.com/go/thread/vie...ussionSpoilers

Again, sorry...I totally misremembered it as being a review (in a sense it is a sort of review).
    In the south parts of New-Brunswick, Acadians consistently use French and English mixed together to form sentences. It is very common! They call it "chiac" while most people say "Franglais". That reader clearly lives in a English dominated or French Québec dominated area!