Thread: The #0.1 Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Hybrid View

I'll bet that guy who complained about the purple person-person probably hated the Stay-puffed Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters too because there was no way he could have supported his own weight. Also on another topic, I thought artists were going for the more realistic look but when did Northstar get implants!

DIGGER (sorry about the implants bit)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    I'll bet that guy who complained about the purple person-person probably hated the Stay-puffed Marshmellow Man
    I actually agreed with him about the purple person (I've just written a review that talks about it), but not about Stay-Puft. One of the differences (mentioned in my review) is that Stay-Puft is magical. Another is that for this to work, every single one of those people would have to have breath-holding training from Jacques Cousteau, and acrobatics training from Cirque De Soleil. Otherwise, they couldn't hold themselves together like that, or, if they were on the inside, breathe. Let alone the strength required to pull it off.
    What I disagreed with him on was, it wasn't nearly as big a deal as he made out of it. Okay, I wrote in length, but I do that. It wasn't the only thing in the issue, and unlike him, I noticed.

Yes, I know he didn't actually talk about Stay-Puft.

- Le Messor
    "Money has no eyes, it will go where you spend it."
    ~ George Repnin

...but this is a COMIC BOOK and that means the improbable is, well, probably probable. And maybe they all held their breath til they turned purple.

DIGGER

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    ...but this is a COMIC BOOK and that means the improbable is, well, probably probable.
    Also covered in the review, with a link to Linkara.

- Le Messor
    "It is always the thought that counts."
    ~ anonymous

I loved the issue. There was just one thing I hated. And I mean I _REALLY_ hated it.
    When Marriana goes off about the media and flips the camera off.
    Really?
    I mean _REALLY?_

Do you think the media would care about an alien?

The team has a member who died and came back a bazillion times.
    The team has a championship skiier (though he swears he's not on the team).
    The team has a mystical creature (Sasquatch).
    The team has a demigoddess.

Really. You think an alien is so amazing?

And why the shiesty attitude?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    The team has a championship skiier (though he swears he's not on the team).
    Devil's Due department:
    He wasn't even there in that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    i loved the purple people monster and could care less about the physics that go into it
    Yeah, me too.
    Okay, I cared, but not *that* much.

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    and i love marinas new attitude. she is a teenager revolting against the establishment and trying to find herself. we have all been there.
    I'm with Tawmis on this one. We haven't all gone totally off the deep end like she does here. It was done so stupidly. She stands around, posing with (most of) her team, then after a _some time_ (unknown amount) suddenly goes off at the cameras that she's just been posing for.
    And does it as if they're focussing on her and her alone. Which they aren't.

It's going to take a lot of work in the main 8 issues to convince me of her attitude here.

- Le Messor
    "The generosity of your time is the most valuable gift you can give."
    ~ Sara Henderson
    Last edited by Le Messor; 05-23-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I'm with Tawmis on this one. We haven't all gone totally off the deep end like she does here. It was done so stupidly. She stands around, posing with (most of) her team, then after a _some time_ (unknown amoutn) suddenly goes off at the cameras that she's just been posing for.
    And does it as if they're focussing on her and her alone. Which they aren't.

It's going to take a lot of work in the main 8 issues to convince me of her attitude here.
    Yeah, exactly. I think if Marrina had been shown making any effort to avoid the cameras and had been followed or even just filmed as she walked away before she rounded on them, then the scene would have come off better. Marrina's the character who's gone through the biggest change, and yet she got the least amount of exposure and set-up in the issue, and I really think she needed it. I'm hoping we get a more rounded view of her character in the next issue, more than the line about the "alien pride" MB, because after all the hardship's Marrina's endured, I'd hate for the bold new direction chosen for her to amount to her being heaped up with a lot of unfocused, reflexive rebellion. Fingers crossed that they're going somewhere with it.