Thread: Article: The Volume 4 Interviews: Dale Eaglesham

Default Article: Interview - Dale Eaglesham - The Volume 4 Interview

Alpha Flight #1 has been pushed out to June 15th. (and I think you meant 2011 not 2012)

Awesome interview! Congrats for the piece and much thanks to DE for taking the time to do it!

I love the part about getting an Excelsior email from Stan Lee and the new pages. Very cool!

Great interview! And the new preview pages look spectacular!

I'm just going to jump in at the shallow end of the pool and say that Eaglesham's Northstar is smoking hot. Dang!

Cheers for the shipping update Rob, have edited it now!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    i'm just going to jump in at the shallow end of the pool and say that eaglesham's northstar is smoking hot. Dang!
    preach!

Excellent interview Phil!

Great job, some very good knowledge gained.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Thanks for the interview Dale and Phil!

Great! Looking forward to issue 1. Issue 0 was a great apperatif!

Thanks to Dale Eaglesham for the interview, even in little old Ireland, we're thrilled at the return of Alpha!

That's one of the things about the team; I do suppose that there's an element of Canadian fans may possibly pick it up out f national pride or the like, but Byrne's creation has (rightly so) gained fans worldwide.
    This forum alone is proof of that with members in Canada, the US, the UK, Australia and beyond.
    A good book is a good book, and that's why I've never understood the 'Canadian Avengers imitation' comments or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    A good book is a good book, and that's why I've never understood the 'Canadian Avengers imitation' comments or the like.
    The comparison is because of the size of the team and the fact that the leader wears a flag instead of a star and stripes. If there had been only four members they would have been the Canadian Fantastic Four or if they had all been mutants they would have been the Canadian X-men.

DIGGER

I don't normally have a problem with the Canadian Avengers label except when it's used in a derogatory way. I guess it's just natural for people to identify with the Avengers first as they are the most well known. It can go to far as we saw in the 'Crossing Line' arc where the Russian team became almost caricatures of the Avengers members.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    It can go to far as we saw in the 'Crossing Line' arc where the Russian team became almost caricatures of the Avengers members.

Agreed.

- Le Messor
    "When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity."
    ~ John F. Kennedy (technically, he was wrong, but it's still kind of cool.)

Enjoyable interview. Much thanks to the interviewer and the interviewee.